Vietnam launches stimulus program for inbound and domestic tours
The Hanoitimes - The program is an initiative by the Vietnam National Administration of Tourism and Vietnam Airlines to cope with the impacts of the Covid-19 epidemic.
The Vietnam National Administration of Tourism on February 25 called on local tourism departments, tourism associations and enterprises to actively engage in the stimulus program for international and domestic tourism, Hanoimoi reported.
|Vietnam's tourism struggles to recover from the Covid-19 epidemic. Photo: HNM|
The program is an initiative by the Vietnam National Administration of Tourism and Vietnam Airlines Corporation to cope with the impacts of the Covid-19 epidemic, with a view to reviving the tourism industry and accomplishing targets set for 2020.
The stimulus program for domestic tourism with the message "Vietnam is safe" will be rolled out nationwide, from March to August 2020.
Meanwhile, the program for international tourism will run from April to December 2020 with the message "VietnamNOW", which focuses on Southeast Asia, India, Russia and Europe. The program’s inception coincides with the Vietnam Grand Prix F1 Racing, which will be held in Hanoi from April 3 to 5.
Under the stimulus program, there will be policies on exemption and reduction of entrance fees at tourist sites and destinations, air ticket discounts for groups of travelers, among other promotions. It is expected that once they visit Vietnam, travelers will spread the message that Vietnam is a safe and attractive destination.
- Vietnam transport ministry eyes resumption of international flights
- Vietnamese travelers to benefits from post-Covid-19 tourism incentives
- Promos launched to revive Hanoi's tourism
- “Stay at home with Vietnam” online tour launched for foreigners in Covid-19 time
- Hard hit by Covid-19, Vietnam tourism companies go online
- Vietnam Airlines U-turns to transport passengers from Europe to Vietnam
- Hanoi craft villages urged to apply new technologies to promote products
- Vietnam tourism industry prepares post-epidemic plans
- Vietnam tourism industry takes strong hit from cororavirus
- Vietnam’s two biggest airports stop receiving arrivals from South Korea
US committed to making US-Vietnam ties “a model of international cooperation and partnership”: Pompeo
US companies continue to see tremendous investment opportunities in Vietnam
Hanoi looks to boost potential of night economy
Vietnam commended for improving access to e-public services
ASEAN Summit in Hanoi expected to boost intra-regional economic links
Hanoi works closely with ADB to ensure progress of urban infrastructure projects
Vietnam Airlines retakes Jetstar Pacific from Qantas
Hanoi strives to ensure safe and stable investment environment for investors
Removal of permanent residency requirement to pressurize Hanoi's budget