Vietnam listed among countries with cheapest Internet service in Asia
The average monthly cost of broadband Internet in Vietnam was US$12.4, much cheaper than in Indonesia, Malaysia and the Philippines.
Vietnam is among the countries with the cheapest internet service in the world, accornding to a report by Cable.co.uk, a private company researching cable television services, Internet and telecommunications of the UK.
Customers are online via their cell phones in Vietnam. Photo: Quynh Tran
Cable.co.uk collects data from 3,288 fixed network service providers in 211 countries in the world, from October to December 2020. The average amount that users in the world have to spend a month on Internet connection is US$78.14.
Accordingly, Vietnam ranks 12th in the world, 6th in Asia and 1st in Southeast Asia in terms of low internet service rates. Average users in Vietnam spend US$11.27 (equivalent to VND260,000) for a month on Internet connection.
The average monthly cost of broadband Internet in Vietnam was US$12.4, much cheaper than in Thailand (US$25.9), Indonesia (US$32.5), Malaysia (US$34.9), and the Philippines (US$51.1).
Around 64 million Vietnamese, or over half the country's population, are online.
In contrast, African countries with poor telecommunications infrastructure, lack of competition among service providers and low average income are the ones with the highest internet cost in the world.
Particularly, Internet users in Eritrea have to spend an average of US$2,666 per month. The next one is Mauritania, with US$ 712.46 for a month of internet connection.
Ukraine is the country with the cheapest internet rates in the world, with an average price of only US$6.41 per month. It is followed by Syria, with an average Internet rate of US$6.49 per month.
- Vietnam tests internet speed measuring app in foreign countries
- More than 97,000 network accounts in Vietnam compromised since early 2021
- Australia funds US$1 million for Vietnam’s digital transformation projects
- Vietnamese SMEs need to improve innovation capacity for digital transformation
- Austrian Research Center to partner with Vietnam in developing sustainable biotechnology
- Vietnam and Australia seek to boost fintech
- Vietnam-Australia artificial intelligence cooperation network launched
- Facebook and VIA launch Instagram Academy
- Vietnam Open Innovation Landscape Report released this December
- Hanoi accelerates tech solutions to stamp out Covid-19
Covid-hit orphans in Vietnam: stakeholders seek optimum solutions
Vietnam to gradually reopen tourism
Domestic automakers expected to enjoy excise tax payment extension
WB downgrades Vietnam's economic growth forecast due to Covid-19 outbreak
Today’s Covid News: Germany donates 2.6 million vaccine doses to Vietnam
Vietnam successfully produces first batch of Russian Covid-19 vaccine
Hanoi seeks further support from Russia in vaccine supplies
Aerial view of traditional soya sauce wins International Photo Award
The winning artworks of “Ha Noi is…” Illustration Contest announced