Vietnam listed among countries with cheapest Internet service in Asia
The average monthly cost of broadband Internet in Vietnam was US$12.4, much cheaper than in Indonesia, Malaysia and the Philippines.
Vietnam is among the countries with the cheapest internet service in the world, accornding to a report by Cable.co.uk, a private company researching cable television services, Internet and telecommunications of the UK.
Customers are online via their cell phones in Vietnam. Photo: Quynh Tran
Cable.co.uk collects data from 3,288 fixed network service providers in 211 countries in the world, from October to December 2020. The average amount that users in the world have to spend a month on Internet connection is US$78.14.
Accordingly, Vietnam ranks 12th in the world, 6th in Asia and 1st in Southeast Asia in terms of low internet service rates. Average users in Vietnam spend US$11.27 (equivalent to VND260,000) for a month on Internet connection.
The average monthly cost of broadband Internet in Vietnam was US$12.4, much cheaper than in Thailand (US$25.9), Indonesia (US$32.5), Malaysia (US$34.9), and the Philippines (US$51.1).
Around 64 million Vietnamese, or over half the country's population, are online.
In contrast, African countries with poor telecommunications infrastructure, lack of competition among service providers and low average income are the ones with the highest internet cost in the world.
Particularly, Internet users in Eritrea have to spend an average of US$2,666 per month. The next one is Mauritania, with US$ 712.46 for a month of internet connection.
Ukraine is the country with the cheapest internet rates in the world, with an average price of only US$6.41 per month. It is followed by Syria, with an average Internet rate of US$6.49 per month.
- The 5th IT Festival promotes smart education in Hanoi
- Vietnam-made satellite passes final quality test in Japan before launch
- Vietnam Digital Transformation Day to take place in late May in Hanoi
- Cyber-attacks in Vietnam drop 20% in first quarter of 2021
- Vietnam inaugurates first AI research center in Hanoi
- Information ministry targets 30,000 enterprises to use digital platforms every year
- Vietnam Digital Awards 2021 honors homemade technology products
- Made-in-Vietnam AI system detects human face in a second
- Mobile phone users protected from spam calls
- Vietnam listed among countries with cheapest Internet service in Asia
Vietnam no longer labeled as currency manipulator: US Treasury
Travel to Ninh Binh: the outstanding tourism attraction of Mua Cave
Hanoi: domestic tourism stimulating program debuts
Ba Vi Tourism Festival - Highlight of Hanoi’s suburban tourism
Remarkable tour packages offered Reunification Day and Labor Day holidays
Danang announces list of housing projects for foreign ownership
Vietnam warned of imported Covid-19 transmission amid rising regional cases
Hanoi team ranks 1st at National Archery Championships 2021
Vietnam moves up in int’l vaccine regulation ranking