Vietnam names 17 major banks in finance system
Banks in the list are classified as important pillars to the finance-banking system, and therefore subject to close credit risk monitoring and warning under the SBV’s instruction.
The State Bank of Vietnam (SBV), the country’s central bank, approved a list of 17 major credit institutions and foreign branches in the country’s finance-banking system in 2021.
The list included four major state-owned commercial banks, namely Agribank, Vietinbank, Vietcombank and BIDV, with combined registered capital making up 23.1% of the total in the banking system as of last August.
|Transactions at Eximbank. Photo: Viet Dung|
The SBV estimated 17 banks in the list account for 70% of total outstanding loans in the system, while urging bank inspection and supervision agencies to continue closely monitoring risks related to the operation of these banks and prevent any major impacts to the local credit system.
Banks in the list are classified as important to the system, and therefore subject to credit risk monitoring and warning system under the SBV’s instruction.
- The Vietnam-US comprehensive partnership facilitates investment activities: PM
- Vietnam's securities accounts surpass 5-million mark
- Finance ministry proposes extending tax payments worth US$870 million for domestic cars
- Foreign capital returns to Vietnam's stock market in 2022: SSI
- Vietnam’s easing monetary policy unlikely to reverse amid Fed’s rate hike
- Shinhan Financial to acquire 10% stake in Vietnamese e-commerce Tiki
- Banks cut lending rates to support businesses
- Gov’t aims at transparent, sustainable stock market
- KEB Hana Bank committed to long-term presence in Vietnam
- Corporate bond issuance in Vietnam declines sharply in Q1
SEA Games 31: Vietnam and Thailand to compete for football gold medal
Hanoi earmarks US$1 billion for Ring road No.4 project
Where to go and what to do in Hanoi for locals and tourists?
Exhibitions mark President Ho Chi Minh’s 132nd birthday anniversary
The Vietnam-US comprehensive partnership facilitates investment activities: PM
FPT opens new office in New York, 10th in US
Vietnam’s e-commerce: driver for economic recovery in post-Covid-19
Vietnam, Qualcomm boost cooperation for 5G development
SEA Games 31 delegates get free Hanoi Bus Tour