Vietnam PM to address concerns of Samsung, LG, Lotte post Covid-19
The Hanoitimes - The holding of a dialogues between the Vietnamese government and the Korean business community demonstrates strong economic ties between Vietnam and South Korea.
The Vietnamese Prime Minister’s Advisory Council for Administrative Procedure Reform is set to hold a dialogue with the South Korean business community today [July 17] to address their concerns.
|Minister of the Government Office Mai Tien Dung (r) and South Korean Ambassador to Vietnam Park Noh Wan (l). Photo: VGP.|
The event, co-chaired by Minister-Chairman of the Government Office, Chairman of the Council Mai Tien Dung and South Korean Ambassador to Vietnam Park Noh Wan, is set to attract 320 representatives of ministries and provinces/cities as well as major South Korean conglomerates like Samsung, SK Group, LG, Lotte, POSCO, Hanwha, CJ, Hyosung, Shinhan Bank.
Business organizations such as the Korean Business Association in Vietnam, the Korean Chamber of Business (KoCham), the Korea Trade – Investment Promotion Agency (KOTRA) and Korea International Cooperation Agency (KOICA), among others, will also be present.
The dialogue’s major agenda would focus on addressing concerns of the South Korean enterprises; measures and solutions of the Vietnamese government to support the business community; and cooperation plan between Vietnam and South Korea in the post-Covid-19 pandemic.
The holding of the event demonstrates strong economic ties between the two countries, and showcases the determination of the Vietnamese government in reforming its business environment to support enteprises, including South Korean ones.
Minister Dung said the dialogue is in line with the instruction of Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc towards the administrative reform.
On June 30, the Council held a similar meeting with European businesses to listen to their suggestions and concerns. The feedback was reported to Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc.
- LG Electronics intends to sell off smartphone business to Vietnam's Vingroup
- Foxconn to make Macbook, Ipad in Vietnam
- Singapore’s investors seek investment opportunities in startups in Vietnam
- State-owned firms urged to preserve State capital in pandemic context
- Vietnam’s first hospital lists shares on HoSE
- Vietnam starts construction of My Thuan – Can Tho expressway
- Actual FDI in Vietnam down 2% to US$20 billion in 2020
- Business formations in Vietnam down 2.3% in 2020 amid Covid-19 pandemic
- Vietnam, Japan in favourable conditions to further investment, trade relations: Amb.
- Vietnam targets to have 5,000 kilometers of expressway by 2030
Vietnam records 82 new Covid-19 community infections
The 3rd Day of National Congress: Picking Central Party members
Hanoi people put high expectations on the 13th National Party Congress
Vietnam c.bank stands firm on keeping macro-economic stability
Agent Orange trial made headlines in France
Vietnam to launch secondary market for corporate bonds this year
13th National Party Congress sets vision for Vietnam development next 5 years: Int’l media
What do foreign media cover Vietnam’s top political meeting?
F0 investors learn hard lesson from stock market volatility