Vietnam PM warns of punishment for sluggish public investment
The Vietnamese government remains steadfast in disbursing the full target amount of VND630 trillion (US$27.26 billion) to aid economic recovery.
Officials would face disciplinary actions if their ministries and localities fail to realize their respective disbursement targets of public investment funds for this year, Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc has warned.
|The government remains steadfast in disbursing the full target amount of VND630 trillion (US$27.26 billion).|
The government remains steadfast in disbursing the full target amount of VND630 trillion (US$27.26 billion) to aid economic recovery, and this requires the active participation of the entire political system, Mr. Phuc said at a government meeting today [August 21].
Priority should be given to major infrastructure projects to avoid any delay, including the North-South Expressway, Long Thanh International Airport, and My Thuan – Can Tho expressway, among others, Mr. Phuc stressed.
Minister of Planning and Investment Nguyen Chi Dung said the most challenging issue in public disbursement is the site clearance process, including the verification of the origin of land and the compensation for affected households.
Mr. Dung pointed to the site clearance as a major obstacle for the Eastern North-South expressway project in the 2017 – 2020 period, in which 13 provinces and cities are involved.
As of July 31, the disbursement amount stood at VND193.04 trillion (US$8.32 billion) or 40.98% of the government’s target. The figure is estimated to reach VND221.76 trillion (US$9.56 billion) or 47% of the total estimate by August 31, higher than the 41.39% recorded in the same period last year.
To date, 39 ministries, ministerial-level agencies and six provinces have disbursed 35% of plans or less, with 15 agencies and one province disbursing even less than 15%.
- Danang designed to become a hub of startups and tourism
- State-run cement producer VICEM posts annual increase of US$30 million in profit
- Work starts on Long Thanh International Airport construction on January 5
- The interchange spanning Hanoi–Hai Phong expressway on track to completion
- Proper construction planning – a long term solution to air pollution
- Vietnam accelerates implementation of four major ODA transportation projects
- Runway upgrade at Vietnam's 2 busiest airports must be finished before year-end
- Hanoi expected to realize disbursement target of ODA funds in 2020
- Vietnam to finalize legal framework for smart city model
- Vietnam ODA disbursement meets 32% of targets in 9 months
Hanoi approves plan on free Covid-19 vaccination for local residents
Vietnam maps out scenarios against Covid-19 for national high school exam
First North-South expressway sub-project awarded under PPP format
1st death of Covid-19 vaccine in Vietnam
Panorama paintings show “The Battle of Dien Bien Phu”
Chinese nationals prosecuted for organizing illegal entry into Vietnam
Hanoi election head calls for voters’ responsibilities in casting ballots
Vaccinations will not lead to vacations
Exhibition “Secret Moments of Maikos”