Vietnam ranks 9th out of top 20 travel destinations: US magazine
The Hanoitimes - Condé Nast Traveler readers rank their favorite countries to visit around the world.
Vietnam has jumped one place from one year earlier to ninth among the 20 favorite countries to visit by readers of Condé Nast Traveler, a US-based luxury travel and lifestyle magazine.
|Thung Nam mountain, Cao Bang province. Photo: Chu Xuan Khoa|
Italy led the top 20 countries by Readers' Choice Awards 2020 of Condé Nast Traveler, followed by Sri Lanka, Portugal, Japan and Greece.
Along with Vietnam, Indonesia and Thailand, two Southeast Asian countries, ranked 6th and 7th among the magazine readers' choices.
Earlier, in September, CNTraveller (CNTraveler’s publication in the UK) rated Vietnam among the best holiday destinations for 2021. Some attractive points of Vietnamese tourism were highlighted in a CNTraveller article such as high-end resorts, the North-South railway and community-based tourism.
CNTraveller suggested a “clutch of smart-but-unshowy stilted wooden villas” in the coastal enclave of Bai San Ho (coral reef) in Phu Yen province – “one of the country’s most biodiverse regions.”
Previously, Vietnam ranked fourth among the top 10 searched destinations for travel among all different traveler group from June 1 to December 31 this year, according to search data revealed by Agoda.
In September, the country ranked 31st among the most searched places for a post-lockdown holiday as travel restrictions have prevented tourists from jetting off across the world on holiday, according to Official ESTA, the US visa service company.
- Vietnam wins at World Travel Awards 2020
- Hanoi, HCMC enhance cooperation with localities to boost domestic travel
- Hanoi to link with other localities to boost tourism growth
- Covid-19 slices US$23 billion from Vietnam's tourism revenue
- Vietnam’s rice terraces listed among 50 most beautiful places in 2020
- Vietnam cultural tourism targets US$8-billion annual revenue by 2030
- Hanoi listed among world’s best 10 cities for cycling enthusiasts
- Vietnam starts projecting itself as safe destination post-Covid
- Covid-19 deals heavy blow to Vietnam's inbound tourism in Jan-Oct
- Hanoi's domestic tourism rebounds in October
Vietnam suspends all inbound commercial flights
Vietnam leaders congratulate US elected president Joe Biden
Some Covid-19-related businesses in Ho Chi Minh City suspended
Vietnam wins at World Travel Awards 2020
Vietnam expects to massively produce own Covid-19 vaccine by mid-2022: Expert
Hanoi completes traffic infrastructure to develop satellite urban areas: Official
Close-up of first train of Hanoi’s second metro line put on rails
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18