Vietnam seeks greater cooperation with US in infrastructure, energy
The Hanoitimes - Successes in bilateral cooperation in trade, investment and economy are major pillars for Vietnam – US relations.
Vietnam is looking to step up cooperation with the US in infrastructure finance and energy, which are in line with agreements between the two countries and of huge potential, according to Nguyen Van Binh, Politburo member and head of the Party Central Committee’s Economic Commission.
|Head of the Party Central Committee’s Economic Commission Nguyen Van Binh (R) and Acting Assistant Secretary at the US Department of the Treasury Mitchell Silk (l). Source: VNA.|
The move is particularly important as the domestic resources are limited, Binh said in a meeting with Acting Assistant Secretary at the US Department of the Treasury Mitchell Silk on February 5.
Binh said the Vietnamese government encourages greater participation of the private sector in the capital market, infrastructure development and energy, which are part of the vision of the Communist Party of Vietnam to transform private economy into a major driving force of the economy.
According to Binh, Vietnam considers the US its top partner, expecting to further the relations comprehensively for mutual benefits, in which successes in bilateral cooperation in trade, investment and economy are major pillars for US – Vietnam relations.
Binh added Vietnam welcomes cooperation initiatives from the US in the region, contributing to sustainable development in Vietnam and other countries, including an initiative to promote low-cost private investment in energy and infrastructure in Asia (Asia EIPCI).
At the meeting, Silk said he is impressed with the vision and achievements of Vietnam in economic development.
Silk emphasized his commitment to cooperating with the Vietnamese government in boosting the US – Vietnam relations.
- Rooftop solar: New segment helps investors diversify investment portfolios in Vietnam
- Government, firms are key to create breakthroughs in Vietnam digital economy
- 124 Vietnam national brands generate over US$60 billion
- Vietnam’s solar M&A set to heat up
- Vietnam Fin Min rules out extending supporting program for domestic cars
- Bottlenecks in Vietnam’s renewable energy development
- PM Phuc urges local textile firms to play active role in global fashion industry
- Vietnam honors 11 major renewable energy projects in 2020
- Vietnam’s renewable energy: Key guidance to investors
- Vietnam, US firms sign US$1 billion LNG power deal in O’Brien visit
Logistics firms in Hanoi only meet 25% of demand: City Party chief
Hoan Kiem lake, fantastic place in the heart of Hanoi
European businesses see Q4 investment more promising in Vietnam
How Vietnam weathers global health crisis and rises?
Hanoi completes traffic infrastructure to develop satellite urban areas: Official
Close-up of first train of Hanoi’s second metro line put on rails
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18
European investors propose US$1 billion logistics project in Vietnam