Vietnam to be guest of honor at 2020 Havana International Book Fair
The Hanoitimes - Each year, Havana International Book Fair honors a notable writer or a renowned cultural figure and a distinguished international guest of honor.
Vietnam will be the guest of honor at the 29th Havana International Book Fair (Feria Internacional del Libro de La Habana in Spanish), one of the most highlighted annual events of the Caribbean island, according to Cuban News Agency.
‘The presence of this Asian country in the Cuban capital, which has recently celebrated the five centuries of its foundation, ratifies the historical and special relations between that nation and Cuba, which date back almost six decades of cooperation, brotherhood, and solidarity in the most diverse spheres of society and culture.” Cuban News Agency wrote.
The event, held between February 6 and 16, will be an opportunity for Cuban people to gain an overview of Vietnamese literature and understanding of the Southeast Asian country’s culture and customs.
Besides, it is a chance for Cuban and Vietnamese publishing houses to be able to exchange and seek cooperation.
The Havana International Book Fair was first held in 1982 as a biannual cycle, and since 2000 it began to take place annually. The event usually marks the participation of hundreds of publishing houses from many countries. In addition to book exhibition, the fair features several activities ranging from film, visual arts, music, and literature to history.
- Colorful “Hanoi – a green destination” lures massive tourists
- Exhibition on Vietnam old-time propaganda paintings opens in Hanoi
- Dragon dance livens up pedestrian zone around Hoan Kiem lake
- Golden Bridge brings Vietnam photographer Best Architecture Photo Contest 2020
- Diverse cultural activities in Hanoi held to celebrate national holidays
- Photo taken by British photographer in Hanoi wins Grand Prize in US contest
- Online fine art exhibition held to mark 45th anniversary of national reunification
- Paintings about life in quarantine area inspire Vietnamese people
- Vietnamese photographers shortlisted at Sony World Photography Awards 2020
- Vietnam in the world best photos of #Water2020
With Hoa Lac High-tech Park, Hanoi aims to be a sci-tech hub
Vietnam may operate repatriation flights for Vietnamese students in US
Vietnamese people to travel confidently domestically: Google
Former President Clinton ‘grateful’ for 25 years of Vietnam-US partnership
ASEAN Summit in Hanoi expected to boost intra-regional economic links
Hanoi works closely with ADB to ensure progress of urban infrastructure projects
Vietnam Airlines retakes Jetstar Pacific from Qantas
Hanoi strives to ensure safe and stable investment environment for investors
Removal of permanent residency requirement to pressurize Hanoi's budget