“Vietnamese People Travel in Vietnam” program kicks off
The Hanoitimes - The travel stimulus program will run from June 1 to December 31, 2020.
A program titled "Vietnamese People Travel in Vietnam" has been launched to stimulate domestic tourism and help people travel in the new normal context.
|O Loan Lagoon, Phu Yen province. Photo: Zing|
The program, which will run from June 1 to December 31, includes the promotion of communication activities, destinations and attractive travel products as well as provides guidelines on reopening tourism activities in localities with safety measures against the pandemic.
Under the program, tour operators are encouraged to offer tour packages at reasonable prices as well as promote their products through communication campaigns.
It is expected to draw the participation of associations and related business in the promotion and execution.
In addition, localities are encouraged to offer incentives including reduction and even exemption of entrance fees at relic sites, museums and places of interest.
Travel businesses are asked to develop their own new stimulus programs, promotions, discounts, and improve the quality of products and services.
Air carriers and transport companies are suggested to offer tickets at lower prices.
Meanwhile, the capital city of Hanoi, one of the most important tourist hubs in Vietnam, will work with authorities from other provinces and cities to launch a national tourism stimulus program to create jobs and restart the recovery of the tourism industry.
Many travel businesses in Hanoi have participated in promotional programs to attract local travelers, as the international market has been paralyzed due to Covid-19.
On May 6, the authorities of Quang Binh province, home to the world's largest cave Son Doong, also announced a promotional travel packages to stimulate domestic demand.
- EVFTA to help realize Vietnam's high-income status ambition: Expert
- Largest online conference to boost Vietnamese agricultural export
- Vietnam trade minister highlights preliminary successes from EVFTA, CPTPP
- Vietnam, Israel accelerates negotiation for trade deal
- Vietnamese aviation authority proposes 3 options for transfer passengers from 3rd country
- Vietnam continues launching tour promos as pandemic contained
- Vietnam car imports surge over 85% in August
- Vietnam GDP growth to reach 8.1% in 2021: Goldman Sachs
- Room remains large for Vietnam to increase exports to EU
- Vietnam urged to step up fight against origin frauds
UN and SOVICO help develop Hanoi into creative city
EVFTA to help realize Vietnam's high-income status ambition: Expert
First international flight to Vietnam is from South Korea
Slow extension of FiT scheme hurts investor appetite in Vietnam wind power: GWEC
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18
European investors propose US$1 billion logistics project in Vietnam
Vietnam says ASEAN doesn’t want to get trapped between competition of major powers
Vietnam launches advisory message to prevent Covid-19 spread