“Vietnamese People Travel in Vietnam” program kicks off
The Hanoitimes - The travel stimulus program will run from June 1 to December 31, 2020.
A program titled "Vietnamese People Travel in Vietnam" has been launched to stimulate domestic tourism and help people travel in the new normal context.
|O Loan Lagoon, Phu Yen province. Photo: Zing|
The program, which will run from June 1 to December 31, includes the promotion of communication activities, destinations and attractive travel products as well as provides guidelines on reopening tourism activities in localities with safety measures against the pandemic.
Under the program, tour operators are encouraged to offer tour packages at reasonable prices as well as promote their products through communication campaigns.
It is expected to draw the participation of associations and related business in the promotion and execution.
In addition, localities are encouraged to offer incentives including reduction and even exemption of entrance fees at relic sites, museums and places of interest.
Travel businesses are asked to develop their own new stimulus programs, promotions, discounts, and improve the quality of products and services.
Air carriers and transport companies are suggested to offer tickets at lower prices.
Meanwhile, the capital city of Hanoi, one of the most important tourist hubs in Vietnam, will work with authorities from other provinces and cities to launch a national tourism stimulus program to create jobs and restart the recovery of the tourism industry.
Many travel businesses in Hanoi have participated in promotional programs to attract local travelers, as the international market has been paralyzed due to Covid-19.
On May 6, the authorities of Quang Binh province, home to the world's largest cave Son Doong, also announced a promotional travel packages to stimulate domestic demand.
- Strong partnership with Vietnam vital to US strategic presence in Indo-Pacific: USABC
- Vietnam applies IT in imported goods quality control
- Vietnam imports over 53,000 live pigs since early 2021
- Vietnam ships first batch of rice in 2021
- Vietnam suspends inbound flights from UK and South Africa to prevent new coronavirus variant
- Vietnam exports nearly 1.4 billion medical face masks in Covid-19 year
- Vietnam restricts inbound flights until Lunar New Year due to new Covid-19 variant
- Vietnam curbs illegal timber import following US probe
- Where to invest your money in 2021?
- Vietnam targets US$14-billion forestry exports in 2021
Another strong cold spell chills Hanoi and northern Vietnam
Strong partnership with Vietnam vital to US strategic presence in Indo-Pacific: USABC
A Vietnamese photographer won photo Monochrome Awards
An overseas Vietnamese: Covid-19 infected, in lockdown and the desire to fly back home
Hanoi to host 10th Gymnastics & Sports Games Congress
Vietnam applies IT in imported goods quality control
Samsung Vietnam to recover its growth target after pandemic
Vietnam plans massive dissemination campaign for National Party Congress
State Audit detects misspending of over US$15 billion in 2016-20