“Vietnamese People Travel in Vietnam” program kicks off
The Hanoitimes - The travel stimulus program will run from June 1 to December 31, 2020.
A program titled "Vietnamese People Travel in Vietnam" has been launched to stimulate domestic tourism and help people travel in the new normal context.
|O Loan Lagoon, Phu Yen province. Photo: Zing|
The program, which will run from June 1 to December 31, includes the promotion of communication activities, destinations and attractive travel products as well as provides guidelines on reopening tourism activities in localities with safety measures against the pandemic.
Under the program, tour operators are encouraged to offer tour packages at reasonable prices as well as promote their products through communication campaigns.
It is expected to draw the participation of associations and related business in the promotion and execution.
In addition, localities are encouraged to offer incentives including reduction and even exemption of entrance fees at relic sites, museums and places of interest.
Travel businesses are asked to develop their own new stimulus programs, promotions, discounts, and improve the quality of products and services.
Air carriers and transport companies are suggested to offer tickets at lower prices.
Meanwhile, the capital city of Hanoi, one of the most important tourist hubs in Vietnam, will work with authorities from other provinces and cities to launch a national tourism stimulus program to create jobs and restart the recovery of the tourism industry.
Many travel businesses in Hanoi have participated in promotional programs to attract local travelers, as the international market has been paralyzed due to Covid-19.
On May 6, the authorities of Quang Binh province, home to the world's largest cave Son Doong, also announced a promotional travel packages to stimulate domestic demand.
- ICHAM helps Vietnamese consumers identify genuine Italian products
- EVFTA to boost cooperation between French and Vietnamese businesses
- US – Vietnam Bilateral Trade Agreement opens door for Vietnam global integration
- Vietnam puts illegal transshipment to US under control
- Vietnam among world’s friendliest countries in 2020: InterNations
- Vietnam economic resilience outperforms Asia’s frontier sovereigns: Fitch
- Health remains Vietnamese consumers' top concern: Nielsen
- Timing for EVFTA ratification could not be better for Vietnam and EU: HSBC
- Another made-in-Vietnam ride-hailing app makes debut
- Int'l arrivals to Vietnam in June drop to lowest in years on border closure
Vietnam reopens int’l air services to some Asian countries from mid-July
British Covid-19 patient returns home after miraculous recovery in Vietnam
Hanoi’s first metro eligible for commercial operation in late 2020
Senator committed to deepening deepen US-Vietnam comprehensive partnership
ASEAN Summit in Hanoi expected to boost intra-regional economic links
Hanoi works closely with ADB to ensure progress of urban infrastructure projects
Vietnam Airlines retakes Jetstar Pacific from Qantas
Hanoi strives to ensure safe and stable investment environment for investors
Removal of permanent residency requirement to pressurize Hanoi's budget