Vsmart kicks Xiaomi out of top 5 smartphone brands in Q2
The Vietnamese brand ranked fourth in terms of smartphone sales in the second quarter of 2020.
Vsmart, a Vietnamese smartphone brand, kicked Xiaomi from the third place in the first quarter (Q1) this year out of top five smartphone brands in terms of sales volume in Q2 in Vietnam, according to the latest report on the smartphone market in Q2 2020 by market research firm Canalys.
Entering the market at the end of 2018, Vsmart, owned by the Vietnamese conglomerate Vingroup, has risen to the fourth place with a market share of 11% in Q2. The position was occupied by Realme in Q1 2020.
Focusing on the low segment which is extremely competitive in the market, Vsmart overtook some Chinese brands to rank third in Q1 2020, according to GfK. It expects to grab a 30% market share this year and plans to reach out to the US market, Vice Chairwoman of Vingroup Le Thi Thu Thuy told an interview with CNN in July.
According to Canalys' report, Samsung led in terms of smartphone sales volume in Q2 in Vietnam, taking a 33% market share. Its smartphone sales in Vietnam in Q2 increased 4% over the same period last year.
Oppo ranked second with a 17% market share but the number of smartphones sold decreased by 26% compared to Q2 2019. Meanwhile, China's Vivo surged with impressive growth, 246% over the same period in 2019.
Realme was at the fifth position with a 9% market share, with sales up 63% over the same period last year.
Apple was not listed in the top 5 smartphone vendors in Vietnam.
- Global Blockchain Conference to be held in Vietnam
- Vietnam, Qualcomm boost cooperation for 5G development
- VNPT, Casa System Group sign cooperation agreement
- Google creates trends for SEA Games 31
- Vietnam chooses October 10 as National Digital Transformation Day
- Vietnam - Asia DX Summit 2022 to promote development of digital businesses
- Vietnamese scientist receives Japan's Order of Rising Sun
- Ministry of Public Security asked to further strengthen cyber security
- Vietnam to release national digital platforms for virtual meetings this June
- Mekong Innovation Initiative kicks off in Vietnam
SEA Games 31: Vietnam and Thailand to compete for football gold medal
Hanoi earmarks US$1 billion for Ring road No.4 project
Where to go and what to do in Hanoi for locals and tourists?
Exhibitions mark President Ho Chi Minh’s 132nd birthday anniversary
The Vietnam-US comprehensive partnership facilitates investment activities: PM
FPT opens new office in New York, 10th in US
Vietnam’s e-commerce: driver for economic recovery in post-Covid-19
Vietnam, Qualcomm boost cooperation for 5G development
SEA Games 31 delegates get free Hanoi Bus Tour