Gov't keeps minimum ownership of 65% in major areas
The seven major areas include finance, banking, and aviation industries.
The Government will keep at least 65% stake in State-owned enterprises (SOEs) in seven sectors, including the finance, banking, and aviation industries after completing privatization or divestment of State capital.
|Customers at BIDV. Photo: Quoc Viet|
The information was revealed in the Government’s decision No.22/2021/QD-TTg stipulating criteria for the classification of SOEs subject for privatization and divestment in the 2021-2025 period.
The decision is applied for airport management; air navigation services; seaport management; large-scale natural resources extraction; cartoon production for children; finance, banking (excluding insurance, securities, fund management, financial and financial leasing companies); and wholesale of essential food.
The State will hold from 50-65% stake at water purification and provision; basic chemical production; air transportation; petroleum distributors with at least 30% of market share; and others.
Sectors and fields subject to wholly owned by the State are survey and mapping for purpose of national security; production and distribution of industrial explosives and explosive precursors; national grid management and distribution; lottery; gold bar production and money printing; and debt solving.
The decision is set to take place from August 19.
- Vietnam launches first-ever digitalization toolkit for manufacturing and supporting industries
- Vietnam emerges as most attractive destination for US semi-conductor investors
- Agreement inked to boost electronics manufacturing in Hanoi
- Hanoi Grand Sale 2023: Over 12,000 promotions worth US$1 billion
- Vietnam emerges as a strategic location for tech giants
- Vietnamese youth trained to raise community awareness of online safety
- Hanoi named Attractive City for Innovation and Startups
- Smart city development emphasizes people as priority: Hanoi vice chairman
- Vietnam and Belgium enhance trade and investment cooperation
- Record turnout for Hanoi Midnight Sale 2023
Must-visit tourist attractions in Hanoi's mountainous district
Vietnam news in brief - December 9
Greatest works of arts on display at Hanoi Museum
Hanoi to start construction of second airport in 2040
Vietnam’s economy demonstrates improved adaptability to new situation
Diwali vividly celebrated in Hanoi
AI to help Hanoi accelerate smart city development
Data mining drives smart city building: vice chairman
Planning essential to promote smart city development