Hanoi leads 2023 National Wushu Championship
The tournament is a preparation for the 32nd SEA Games, which will be held in Cambodia from May 5-17 this year
The city's team beat 30 delegations from provinces, cities, and agencies across the country with impressive performances in Taolu (forms with or without weapons) and Sanshou (free sparring) to rank first in the week-long competition concluded on March 12.
|Wushu athlete Pham Quoc Khanh won the gold medal at SEA Games 30. Photo: VNA|
Commenting on the 2023 Wushu National Championships, Phan Quoc Vinh, head coach of the Vietnam National Wushu Team, said that the level of the athletes is quite similar and they all have good competitive ability.
"The tournament is a preparation for the 32nd SEA Games, which will be held in Cambodia from May 5-17 this year," he said.
The 2023 National Wushu Championship, held in the coastal city of Vung Tau, was a special sporting event as the traditional indoor sport was taken outdoors for the first time.
This year's tournament attracted nearly 300 coaches and athletes from 30 sports delegations across the country. After Hanoi, the military wushu delegation came in second with five gold, six silver, and seven bronze medals. Meanwhile, the Ho Chi Minh City Wushu Team took third place with five gold medals, two silver medals, and four bronze medals.
The sports event also aims to identify potential Vietnamese athletes and train them to become high-performance Wushu athletes who will participate in the upcoming sports tournament at home and abroad.
- Vietnam targets end of malaria by 2030
- The SEA Games 32 torch arrives in Hanoi
- Hanoi responds to International Day of Happiness 2023
- Hanoi to train 14,700 workers in less than three months
- Vietnam prepares to mark birth of its 100 millionth citizen by mid-April
- Hanoi leads 2023 National Wushu Championship
- First book festival on gender equality launched in Hanoi
- FIFA Women’s World Cup Trophy Tour – Vietnam
- Hanoi strives to wipe out HIV/AIDS by 2030
- Vietnam eyes to clean up 350,000 hectares of UXO
Hanoi seeks UNESCO’s support in preserving cultural heritage
Hanoi patriots recount memories of captivity
MIC to regulate OTT communication in Vietnam
Hanoi named among Vietnam's most beautiful places
Hanoi among cities with most trees in the world
2023 - a year of high-quality startups in Vietnam
Vietnam 12th International Photo Contest winners announced
Another perspective on Hanoi Street in Hoang Dinh exhibition
Artisan turns Bodhi leaf into artwork