Hanoi welcomes over 10 million visitors in Jan-May
The visitors to the city accounted for 45% of the given target of 22 million for 2023.
The number of visitors to Hanoi in the first five months of 2023 rose 53.9% on year to 10.11 million visitors, according to the Hanoi Department of Tourism.
Among the arrivals, international visitors were 1.71 million, up nearly 10 times from the same period in 2022, while domestic visitors increased 31.3%.
The city's tourism revenue was estimated to reach VND37.09 trillion (US$1.59 billion), rocketing 92.4% on year.
|Son Tay Town's Duong Lam Ancient Village is a favorite destination for foreign visitors. Photo: Hoai Nam/The Hanoi Times|
Municipal Tourism Director Dang Huong Giang said that to promote Hanoi's tourism image, the department plans to implement a community-based tourism model focusing on the traditional cultural values of ethnic minorities and tourist sites in Ba Vi District.
It also plans to organize events like Hanoi Tourism Photo Contest, Hanoi Tourism Gift Festival 2023, and Hanoi Ao Dai Festival. In addition, they will strengthen cooperation with the aviation industry to organize fam trips for international businesses and media to exchange with local people.
This month, the city will host the Michelin Guide, which is expected to be an important milestone in promoting Vietnam's culinary culture and boosting Hanoi's tourism industry.
In another move, Vietnam's aviation industry has begun piloting electronic identification at Noi Bai International Airport, Hanoi, to reduce waiting times and improve passenger convenience. Beginning June 1, all airports in the country will pilot level 2 electronic identification for airline passengers at check-in points. Meanwhile, localities are also improving infrastructure.
These measures align with the Vietnamese Government's decision to promote the development of electronic identification and authentication, aiming to improve tourism service quality and visitors' travel experience.
This year, the city is expected to welcome about 22 million arrivals, up 17.6% on year, including 19 million domestic visitors, representing an increase of 10.5% from 2022. Its tourism revenue is set at VND77 trillion (US$3.26 billion), an annual increase of 28.2%.
- Vietnam needs policies to promote industrialization: Japanese professor
- Vietnam-US semiconductor cooperation significant to bilateral relations
- Hanoi seeks to co-operate with Lai Chau on tourism
- Hanoi promotes efficiency in industrial slaughterhouse operations
- [Vietnam – a hub of nurturing talents] Talents - driving force for leveraging Vietnam’s startups
- Technology, innovation, investment - new pillars for Vietnam-US partnership
- Hanoi's tourism sector on the road to innovation and investment for sustainable growth
- US President Joe Biden's visit to Vietnam raises expectations among American investors
- [Vietnam – a hub of nurturing tech talent] Strong supporter of Vietnam's tech talent development
- Vietnam - a hub of nurturing tech talent
Hanoi ratifies resolution on enhancing fire prevention and firefighting
Vietnam news in brief - September 23
Friendly LGBT community destinations in Vietnam
Hanoi Fall Festival 2023 captivates visitors with unique activities
Revising Capital Law opens door to Hanoi's prosperity: Mayor
Global Conference of Young Parliamentarians: Opportunity to promote international cooperation
Global Conference of Young Parliamentarians: Roadmap for better future
The quintessential craft of Ngu Xa bronze casting
Hanoi develops without losing characters