Lao group partners with VinFast to distribute cars
The Vietnamese automaker wants to engage Lao consumers through a local group.
Lao Phongsubthavy Group Company would be the exclusive distributor of the Vietnamese automaker VinFast cars in Laos, according to a memorandum of understanding between the two sides.
|An overview of the signing ceremony between VinFast and Phongsubthavy Group Company. Photo: VinFast|
The signing ceremony of a memorandum of understanding between the Vietnamese automaker and Phongsubthavy Group Company on June 28 in Hanoi was witnessed by General Secretary of Vietnam Nguyen Phu Trong, and General Secretary and President of Laos Thongloun Sisoulith.
According to the agreement, the two companies will discuss and consider the possibility of a distribution partnership. VinFast said that if the Lao company meets its requirements about finance, human resources, sales, and investment, it will be a priority partner of the Vietnamese automaker’s business expansion in the Lao market.
Hoang Chi Trung, new General Director of VinFast, said that the company always prioritizes international development and cooperation. He believed that Phongsubthavy Group will help it engage users in Laos.
Phongsavath Senaphuan, Chairman of Phongsubthavy Group said: “This cooperation will contribute to bringing VinFast cars to the Lao market more quickly.”
The representative of the Lao company said they want to deploy the VinFast car dealership system to diversify options for the Lao people.
Phongsubthavy Group, one of the leading corporations in Laos, operates in the fields of construction, real estate, trade, and energy. In recent years, this group has cooperated with the Vietnam Electricity Group (EVN) to export electricity from Laos to Vietnam.
- Vietnam's National Assembly to legalize commitments at COP26
- Vietnamese manufacturing continues solid improvements
- Agritech, Greentech, Deeptech and Foodtech - foreign funds interests in Vietnam
- New businesses formation hits record high in H1
- Vietnam's GDP in 2Q hits decade-high
- Vietnam to draft national action plan for circular economy adaptation
- Vietnamese Goods and Gastronomy Week underway in the UK
- Vietnam – Germany, dynamic duo for energy transition: GIZ
- VCCI proposes to scrap excise tax on petrol
- Hanoi hosts launching of national cybersecurity incident coordination platform
Hanoi eyes cooperation with UK to develop clean energy
Northern Vietnam braces for first tropical storm of 2022
Some 155 Vietnamese athletes to partake in ASEAN Para Games 2022
Vietnam's National Assembly to legalize commitments at COP26
Vietnam looks for UK support in finalizing financial regulations: NA Chairman
UK multinationals pledge long-term presence in Vietnam
Australian Foreign Minister enjoys Pho ga in Hanoi
Hanoi GRDP growth hits 7.79% in first half
Hanoi selects final design of Tran Hung Dao Bridge