State President Nguyen Xuan Phuc re-elected for term 2021-2026
The re-elected State President stressed he would continue to promote the nation’s unity to aid Vietnam’s comprehensive and sustainable development.
State President Nguyen Xuan Phuc has been re-elected for the 2021-2026 term with the endorsement of 100% of 483 National Assembly deputies.
|State President Nguyen Xuan Phuc takes the oath of office. Photos: Nhat Bac|
Phuc then proceeded with taking the oath of office by pledging full allegiance to the Motherland, People, and Constitution of Vietnam, and vowing to fulfill the duties entrusted by the Party, State, and People.
In his inaugural speech, Phuc said he would continue to promote the nation’s unity and historical, cultural, and traditional values to aid the country’s comprehensive and sustainable development.
Amid the fourth Covid-19 outbreak, Phuc expressed his belief that the people’s strong will and trust in the government would ensure the nation’s victory against the pandemic.
|Overview of the ceremony.|
Phuc, 67, held a bachelor degree in economics and is a member of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of Vietnam of the 10th, 11th, 12th, and 13 tenures; politburo member of the 11th, 12th, and 13th tenures; and Deputy of the National Assembly of the 11th, 13th, 14th, and 15th tenures.
Before being elected as the State President for the first time four months ago at the 14th National Assembly, Phuc was Vietnam’s Prime Minister for two consecutive terms of 2011-2016 and 2016-2021.
- Ho Chi Minh's mausoleum in Hanoi welcomes 1.2 million visitors in Q1
- Vietnam, China enhance border ties
- Van Don Airport to pilot facial recognition tech for passengers
- US human rights report gives one-sided evaluations of Vietnam: MOFA
- US reaffirms to address war legacies in Vietnam
- South Korean Gov’t appeals court order: Vietnam requests respect history
- Int’l voices promote innovation for empowerment of migrant women in Vietnam
- US pledges $73 million for dioxin cleanup at Bien Hoa Air Base
- Boosting Vietnam’s youth engagement to prevent human trafficking
- Gender equality in digital transformation in Vietnam: Opportunities and challenges
Vietnam's site listed among world top destinations for hot air balloon rides
News highlights for April 1, 2023
Fascinating look at Hanoi in black and white photo collection
Hanoi fosters mass cycling
Business executives to face disciplinary action for failure to stop smuggling activities
Travel enthusiasts flock to Hanoi Tourism Festival 2023
Effective public investment as a top political mission: PM
Hanoi named among Vietnam's most beautiful places
Hanoi among cities with most trees in the world