US-based 3M thanks Vietnam authority for seizing massive counterfeit face masks
This was the largest intellectual property infringement case discovered in Vietnam so far in this year.
The efforts of Vietnam’s market surveillance authority not only protect the lawful rights of 3M but also ensure the health and safety of customers by preventing them from using fake products, according to Chief Representative of 3M Vietnam Nguyen Minh Duc.
|Chief Representative of 3M Vietnam Nguyen Minh Duc hands over his appreciation letter to Director General of DMS Tran Huu Linh. Photo: MoIT.|
This is the largest case of counterfeit 3M products to date, said Duc in a meeting with leaders of the Vietnam Directorate of Market Surveillance (DMS) on August 24, referring to the DMS’s confiscation of over 150,000 counterfeit 3M face masks at Nam Anh Equipment Production and Trade Company, located at Tan Phu district, Ho Chi Minh City on July 31.
At the company’s production facilities, the authorities found hundreds of boxes containing face masks labeled as 3M, which is the brand name of US mask manufacturer 3M.
On its website at khautrangnamanh.com, Nam Anh Company says it is one of Vietnam’s leading companies in making and distributing medical face masks for the Vietnamese and foreign markets.
Director General of DMS Tran Huu Linh said the case has been the largest intellectual property infringement uncovered in Vietnam so far in this year, adding such act has eroded the trust of compliant firms and their production capacity.
As Vietnam further integrates into the global economy, intellectual property infringements would increase, Linh warned, adding one of DMS’s priorities in its 2021 – 2025 strategy is to combat counterfeit products in the market.
- Vietnam demands removal of “Little Women” from Netflix
- Prime Minister urges proactive response to natural disasters
- Vietnam win second match of Asian futsal tournament
- Vietnam, Cuba ink action plan for further economic ties 2023-2025
- Cuban Prime Minister arrives in Vietnam, first visit outside Latin America
- Vietnam’s futsal team win convincing victory against South Korea
- Vietnam expects support from Warburg Pincus in energy and policy development
- Vietnam and Germany prepare for high-ranking exchange visits
- IPP matters a lot to economic growth, innovation: US Ambassador
- [UPDATED] Typhoon Noru hits Central Vietnam, curfew imposed
Hanoi a top destination for ASEAN investors
Vietnam demands removal of “Little Women” from Netflix
Cultural activities celebrate 68th anniversary of Capital Liberation Day
Vietnam’s economy stands firm in rapid recovery path: AMRO
Macro stability considered key for Vietnam’s growth in remaining months: Gov’t
Local firms urged to stay proactive in intellectual property protection
Vietnam needs to expand airport network to relieve pressure on infrastructure
Vietnamese, foreign firms must store data in cyberspace from October
Trade cooperation: Highlight of Vietnam-EU relations