Upland market recreated in Hanoi to welcome new year
The Hanoitimes - The activities taking place at the Vietnam National Village for Ethnic Culture and Tourism in Son Tay district of Hanoi.
The activities of upland periodic market to celebrate the new year of Vietnamese ethnic minorities will be reenacted at the “Colors of flowers” festival in Hanoi this December.
Accordingly, the activities taking place at the Vietnam National Village for Ethnic Culture and Tourism in Son Tay district of Hanoi will mark the participation of around 150 communities, artists, actors from some ethnic minorities namely the Mong, Khermu, Thai, Tay, Nung, among others.
The highlight of the event is a space reenacting the upland periodic market with the bold cultural traits of the Northern mountainous area, introducing traditional handicrafts of Mong and Cong ethnic groups, presenting the tea culture and tea tasting of Thai Nguyen province, and the Flower Celebration of ethnic communities in Dien Bien northern province.
Flower celebration is usually held when the rice harvest season ends. It is an occasion for the locals to commemorate their ancestors and honor the identity and beauty of the cultural and religious traditions of the ethnic minorities. The cultural event also marks the closure of the old year with a rich harvest and welcome the new year with peace and bunches of luckiness.
The activities also include the folk singing and dances and traditional games celebration to welcome the new year.
- Ao dai festival lures visitors in Hanoi
- Cultural quintessence of Japan, South Korea presented to Hanoi people
- Vietnam International Tourism Mart 2020 opens in Hanoi
- Hanoi to cooperate with central region to promote domestic tourism post Covid-19
- November cultural activities highlight Great Unity – National Root in Hanoi
- Hanoi’s enterprises join hands to launch “Tourism Promotion Day”
- Hanoi to host BridgeFest Music Festival 2020
- Hanoi to host Charming Autumn program to stimulate domestic tourism
- “Vietnam - Go there to experience” to kick off for domestic travelers
- Hanoi hosts expo to mark President Ho Chi Minh’s birthday
Vietnam, Laos resume flights
Big unexploded bomb removed from downtown Hanoi
Actual FDI in Vietnam down 2.4% to US$17.2 billion in Jan-Nov
Vietnam expects to massively produce own Covid-19 vaccine by mid-2022: Expert
Hanoi completes traffic infrastructure to develop satellite urban areas: Official
Close-up of first train of Hanoi’s second metro line put on rails
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18
European investors propose US$1 billion logistics project in Vietnam