Upland market recreated in Hanoi to welcome new year
The Hanoitimes - The activities taking place at the Vietnam National Village for Ethnic Culture and Tourism in Son Tay district of Hanoi.
The activities of upland periodic market to celebrate the new year of Vietnamese ethnic minorities will be reenacted at the “Colors of flowers” festival in Hanoi this December.
Accordingly, the activities taking place at the Vietnam National Village for Ethnic Culture and Tourism in Son Tay district of Hanoi will mark the participation of around 150 communities, artists, actors from some ethnic minorities namely the Mong, Khermu, Thai, Tay, Nung, among others.
The highlight of the event is a space reenacting the upland periodic market with the bold cultural traits of the Northern mountainous area, introducing traditional handicrafts of Mong and Cong ethnic groups, presenting the tea culture and tea tasting of Thai Nguyen province, and the Flower Celebration of ethnic communities in Dien Bien northern province.
Flower celebration is usually held when the rice harvest season ends. It is an occasion for the locals to commemorate their ancestors and honor the identity and beauty of the cultural and religious traditions of the ethnic minorities. The cultural event also marks the closure of the old year with a rich harvest and welcome the new year with peace and bunches of luckiness.
The activities also include the folk singing and dances and traditional games celebration to welcome the new year.
- Hanoi hosts expo to mark President Ho Chi Minh’s birthday
- Series of New Year festivals suspended due to coronavirus epidemic
- Bidding farewell to the Kitchen Gods, Vietnamese people offer them red carps
- “Balade en France” – French cuisine festival in the heart of Hanoi
- Vietnamese traditional Tet recreated in Hanoi’s Old Quarter
- First-ever folk culture festival to be held in downtown Hanoi
- International Food Festival: Where warm hearts shine
- Upland market recreated in Hanoi to welcome new year
- World-famous French wine Beaujolais Nouveau 2019 to be held in Hanoi
- Hanoi to host serial activities to honor Vietnamese ethnic groups’ cultural quintessence
Foreigners to Vietnam required to pay quarantine and testing fees
Lawfare in the South China Sea weighs on with EU Three rejection
How significant is Vietnam-US oil and gas cooperation?
Hanoi authorities to conduct public satisfation survey
Apple partner Pegatron mulls US$1-billion investment in hi-tech projects in Vietnam
Hanoi’s weekend pedestrian streets allowed to reopen from September 18
European investors propose US$1 billion logistics project in Vietnam
Vietnam says ASEAN doesn’t want to get trapped between competition of major powers
Vietnam launches advisory message to prevent Covid-19 spread