Hanoi to create "foodtour map" for promotion of culinary tourism
Hanoi's tourism industry is poised to attract more food-loving visitors with the Food Tour Map and continued efforts to improve food safety and hygiene.
Hanoi plans to create a "foodtour map" to help visitors explore local cuisine on their own. The move aims to further develop culinary tourism into a strength of the capital's tourism industry.
|Pho bo, or beef noodle soup, is a popular breakfast dish in Hanoi. Photo: Huong Nguyen.|
The initiative arose from the recognition of Hanoi’s restaurants with Michelin stars, a highly regarded award in the culinary world that has put the city's gastronomic scene in the spotlight.
"We will enhance the promotion of Michelin-starred restaurants and other reputable eateries in Hanoi through various communication channels, social media, and domestic and international tourism promotion events,” said Director of the Hanoi Department of Tourism Dang Huong Giang.
Such an effort is set to raise awareness of food safety and hygiene, improve the communication skills of restaurateurs, and improve service quality for tourists,' Giang added.
Hanoi's tourism industry aims to develop a diverse range of culinary services by 2030, focusing on night food streets, culinary villages, and restaurant chains.
"We are delighted to have representatives of Hanoi's cuisine on the Michelin Guide list. This is a great opportunity to promote Hanoi's cuisine to the world and motivate restaurants to improve their service style, ensure food safety and hygiene, and create a unique atmosphere to offer customers a memorable experience," Giang stressed.
With the foodtour map and continued efforts to improve food safety and hygiene, Hanoi's tourism industry is poised to attract more food-loving visitors in the coming period.
|Of the 103 restaurants nationwide selected for the Michelin Guide, Hanoi has 48 representatives, including three Michelin-starred restaurants, 13 Bib Gourmand-awarded affordable eateries, 32 Michelin-selected restaurants, and one Michelin Young Chef Award winner.|
- Vietnam needs policies to promote industrialization: Japanese professor
- Vietnam-US semiconductor cooperation significant to bilateral relations
- Hanoi seeks to co-operate with Lai Chau on tourism
- Hanoi promotes efficiency in industrial slaughterhouse operations
- [Vietnam – a hub of nurturing talents] Talents - driving force for leveraging Vietnam’s startups
- Technology, innovation, investment - new pillars for Vietnam-US partnership
- Hanoi's tourism sector on the road to innovation and investment for sustainable growth
- US President Joe Biden's visit to Vietnam raises expectations among American investors
- [Vietnam – a hub of nurturing tech talent] Strong supporter of Vietnam's tech talent development
- Vietnam - a hub of nurturing tech talent
Hanoi ratifies resolution on enhancing fire prevention and firefighting
Vietnam news in brief - September 23
Friendly LGBT community destinations in Vietnam
Hanoi Fall Festival 2023 captivates visitors with unique activities
Revising Capital Law opens door to Hanoi's prosperity: Mayor
Global Conference of Young Parliamentarians: Opportunity to promote international cooperation
Global Conference of Young Parliamentarians: Roadmap for better future
The quintessential craft of Ngu Xa bronze casting
Hanoi develops without losing characters