Petrol prices rise for 2nd time in a row
Petrol prices have increased twice in row since April.
From 15.00 today [May 15], the retail price of biofuel E5 and RON92 rose by VND440 to around VND18,420 (US$0.8) per liter, and that of RON95 went up by VND370 to VND19,530 (US$0.85) per liter.
|Since April, petrol prices have increased twice in a row. File photo|
The move came after the latest review on petrol prices jointly released by the Ministry of Industry and Trade (MoIT) and the Ministry of Finance (MoF) on the same day.
Since April, petrol prices have increased twice in a row. RON95 rose by a total of VND560 per liter, E5 and RON92 by VND620.
Meanwhile, price of kerosene was posted at VND13,820 (US$0.6) per liter, or an increase of VND570; diesel of VND14,770 (US$0.64) (up VND450), mazut of VND14,270 (US$0.62) per kilogram.
Both the MoIT and the MoF decided to subsidy for E5 and RON92 from the petrol price stabilization fund with VND1,900 and VND1,050 for RON95; diesel (VND400); kerosene (VND400); and mazut (500).
At a recent price management meeting, Deputy Prime Minister Le Minh Khai instructed the two to manage petrol prices in a flexible manner, which should be in line with global prices.
“Two ministries should be cautious about using the petrol price stabilization fund, especially as prices on the global market are on the upward trend,” said Khai, adding the goal is to prevent a sudden rise in prices of these products in the domestic market.
- Vietnam becomes more attractive in long-term
- NA approves 6.5-7% GDP growth target for next five years
- Finance ministry proposes US$1-billion support package for businesses affected by Covid-19
- Vietnam targets average GDP growth of 6.5-7% in 5 years
- Covid-19 containment in August key to ensuring GDP growth over 6%: VEPR
- Vietnam plans to double wind power by 2030
- Vietnam GDP growth predicted to hit 6.2% in 2021: CIEM
- Vietnam Airlines plans to set up cargo airline
- Australia-Vietnam Enhanced Economic Engagement Strategy set to sign in 2021
- Vietnam aviation industry to get bustling in H2
Vietnam becomes more attractive in long-term
Today's Covid News: People in lockdown areas requested to remain in place
Danang calls on businesses for airport planning, Lien Chieu Port subdivisions
US Vice-President Kamala Harris to visit Vietnam next month
Hanoi restaurants win 2021 TripAdvisor’s Awards
ESG offers answer for Vietnam enterprises to secure future growth
“Zero-dong store on bus” model eases hardship for pandemic-hit workers in Hanoi
Heat index in Hanoi reaches hazardous levels
US considers more Covid-19 vaccine support to Vietnam: Ambassador