“Balade en France” – French cuisine festival in the heart of Hanoi
The Hanoitimes - The visitors may grab chances to taste some classy dishes by chefs from French restaurants in Hanoi with affordable prices.
A festival dedicated to French culture and gastronomy is slated to take place at the Ly Thai To Garden this weekend.
The festival will be held at Ly Thai To Square from January 10-12.
The three-day event “Balade En France” or “Wandering around France” will provide visitors with a wide range of specialties, wines, and cakes from romantic France.
Following the success of the first edition of the festival in 2018, this year's holding will stay in Hanoi, jointly hosted by the municipal People’s Committee and Embassy of France in Vietnam.
The festival aims to bring French culture and cuisine closer to Vietnamese people as well as provide a French-style entertaining playground and shopping area to visitors as the Lunar New Year is coming.
The visitors may grab chances to taste some classy dishes by chefs from French restaurants in Hanoi with affordable prices including the traditional crepes, hot wines, cheese, jams, and the popular Pâté in as many as 40 pavilions in the campus of the Ly Thai To square.
In the Embassy’s press release, Ambassador of France to Vietnam Nicolas Warnery stressed that the embassy wants to create a sightseeing space with miniature architectural models of France, providing visitors experience of walking around streets of France right in the heart of the Vietnamese capital.
Besides, there will be also musical performances, film screening and paintings exhibition by French and Vietnamese popular artists.
- Hanoi hosts expo to mark President Ho Chi Minh’s birthday
- Series of New Year festivals suspended due to coronavirus epidemic
- Bidding farewell to the Kitchen Gods, Vietnamese people offer them red carps
- “Balade en France” – French cuisine festival in the heart of Hanoi
- Vietnamese traditional Tet recreated in Hanoi’s Old Quarter
- First-ever folk culture festival to be held in downtown Hanoi
- International Food Festival: Where warm hearts shine
- Upland market recreated in Hanoi to welcome new year
- World-famous French wine Beaujolais Nouveau 2019 to be held in Hanoi
- Hanoi to host serial activities to honor Vietnamese ethnic groups’ cultural quintessence
Hanoi to enter intense phase of coronavirus battle next week
PM asks for balance in pursuing dual target amid Covid-19 crisis
Hanoi appoints personnel replacing suspended mayor
Hanoi to suspend entertainment activities to mourn late Party chief
Vietnam stock market needs upgrading to emerging status soon: PM
ASEAN Summit in Hanoi expected to boost intra-regional economic links
Hanoi works closely with ADB to ensure progress of urban infrastructure projects
Vietnam Airlines retakes Jetstar Pacific from Qantas
Hanoi strives to ensure safe and stable investment environment for investors