“Balade en France” – French cuisine festival in the heart of Hanoi
The Hanoitimes - The visitors may grab chances to taste some classy dishes by chefs from French restaurants in Hanoi with affordable prices.
A festival dedicated to French culture and gastronomy is slated to take place at the Ly Thai To Garden this weekend.
The festival will be held at Ly Thai To Square from January 10-12.
The three-day event “Balade En France” or “Wandering around France” will provide visitors with a wide range of specialties, wines, and cakes from romantic France.
Following the success of the first edition of the festival in 2018, this year's holding will stay in Hanoi, jointly hosted by the municipal People’s Committee and Embassy of France in Vietnam.
The festival aims to bring French culture and cuisine closer to Vietnamese people as well as provide a French-style entertaining playground and shopping area to visitors as the Lunar New Year is coming.
The visitors may grab chances to taste some classy dishes by chefs from French restaurants in Hanoi with affordable prices including the traditional crepes, hot wines, cheese, jams, and the popular Pâté in as many as 40 pavilions in the campus of the Ly Thai To square.
In the Embassy’s press release, Ambassador of France to Vietnam Nicolas Warnery stressed that the embassy wants to create a sightseeing space with miniature architectural models of France, providing visitors experience of walking around streets of France right in the heart of the Vietnamese capital.
Besides, there will be also musical performances, film screening and paintings exhibition by French and Vietnamese popular artists.
- Hanoi hosts expo to mark President Ho Chi Minh’s birthday
- Series of New Year festivals suspended due to coronavirus epidemic
- Bidding farewell to the Kitchen Gods, Vietnamese people offer them red carps
- “Balade en France” – French cuisine festival in the heart of Hanoi
- Vietnamese traditional Tet recreated in Hanoi’s Old Quarter
- First-ever folk culture festival to be held in downtown Hanoi
- International Food Festival: Where warm hearts shine
- Upland market recreated in Hanoi to welcome new year
- World-famous French wine Beaujolais Nouveau 2019 to be held in Hanoi
- Hanoi to host serial activities to honor Vietnamese ethnic groups’ cultural quintessence
Building e-government is urgent for Hanoi: Mayor
Hanoi stands ready for new capital inflows from Japan: Party official
Administrative reform remains core in Vietnam gov’t drive for 5%-GDP growth
Vietnam okays e-visa for citizens of 80 countries from July 1
Scorching heat strikes Hanoi with temperature surging to 40 degrees Celsius
Hanoi to build sewage collection system to revive its dying river
More monetary easing measures still to come in Vietnam: Fitch
Iconic lakes in Hanoi
Vietnam’s Northwest terraced paddy fields in snapshots