“A touch of Hanoi culture” book event debuts
A three-day event of “A touch of Hanoi culture” to praise books and promote reading culture will open this weekend.
The book event entitled “A touch of Hanoi culture” will be organized from April 16 to 18 at Van Mieu Temple of Literature by Truong Phuong Company and MaiHa Books, aiming at honoring books and reading culture.
|The classic ‘Kim Van Kieu’ (Kieu’s Tale) by Vietnamese great poet Nguyen Du- a MaiHa Books' special publication in do paper.|
According to the organizers, along with book booths, a series of cultural activities aimed at attracting the attention of readers of all ages will also be organized in the authentic Vietnamese cultural space with decoration highlights featuring Hanoi in the old days.
Representatives from MaiHa Books said that the publisher will introduce three lines of books at the up-coming book event, including the academic books, heritage books with eye-catching layout; and children's books.
The MaiHa Books’ heritage books are printed on high-quality do paper to showcase the beauty of the traditional printing materials. Especially, the classic ‘Kim Van Kieu’ (Kieu’s Tale) by Vietnamese great poet Nguyen Du is republished in a limited quantity of 100 copies on do papers with lacquered covers.
Participating to the event, visitors will have chance to experience a simple step of the do paper making process to understand more about the meticulous technique of making this special type of paper.
Apart from indulging themselves in unique cultural space with thousands of books, visitors can take part in some folk games, as well as enjoy traditional art performances. A “nostalgic” space featuring décor from the “subsidized economy period” (1954-1986) and is expected to attract middle-aged visitors.
The event is organized to honor the Vietnam Book Day which falls on April 21.
- Hanoi to develop heritage tourism
- Ceramist To Thanh Son: Bat Trang pottery has evolved but still retains the national soul
- Rare female artisan who patches up memories in Hanoi
- A man sticks to repairing sewing machines for over 40 years in Hanoi
- Old Hanoi through the lens of American photographer
- Belgian craft beer festival fetes with 100 types of beer
- The finest coffee in the world is a Vietnamese variety
- Vietnam National Village for Ethnic Culture and Tourism showcases the unique culture of 54 ethnic groups
- Hanoi’s Old Quarter: always the core of urban heritage
- “Dao, Pho & Piano”: a beautiful story about the spirit of Hanoians
Prime Minister requests inspection of electricity supply
Vietnam News Highlights for June 7, 2023
Photo Hanoi'23 drives capital's culture and art development
Red River - a centerpiece in Hanoi’s green development
New apartment buildings must have life span: Hanoi Party Chief
Hanoi Times Weekly Podcast
Vietnam’s Reunification Express named world’s most incredible rail journey: Lonely Planet
First Vietnamese forced laborers return from the Philippines
Franco-Vietnamese Filmmaker wins Best Director at Cannes 2023