Artisans gather at Vietnam Craft Village Conservation and Development Festival 2023
The event aims to acquaint residents and tourists with traditional craft villages in Hanoi and other provinces and to honor famous traditional artisans with outstanding achievements.
The Vietnam Craft Village Conservation and Development Festival 2023 kicked off on November 9 at the Imperial Citadel of Thang Long in Hanoi, bringing together 100 artisans and skilled workers from more than 40 provinces and cities nationwide.
The 4-day festival includes a festival and handicraft fair, an international workshop on the preservation and development of craft villages, and other activities.
The festival and handicraft fair has about 300 specially designed booths from 42 provinces. Hanoi's 80 standard booths cover an area of more than 2,000 m2, aiming to introduce Hanoi's typical handicrafts to locals and foreigners.
Visitors will enjoy the skills of many artisans, such as the performance of hand embroidery artist Le Xuan Nguyen from Thang Loi Village, Thuong Tin in Hanoi, silk spinning by artisan Phan Thi Thuan, and brocade weaving by artisan Cu Thi My from the northern mountain province of Ha Giang.
Nearly 30 villages display their typical handicrafts, such as Chuyen My mother-of-pearl mosaic craft village, Xuan La traditional toy village in Phu Xuyen district, and Trach Xa ao dai sewing village in Ung Hoa District, and others.
- Hanoi in the midst of Spring festival season
- Vietnamese traditional ao dai: Potential greater than tourism ambassador
- Quan Ganh Banh Day: Rustic snack of Hanoi
- Tet holiday: Then and now
- Five-colored cloudy meat jelly enriches nuances of Tet feast
- Hanoi artist nurtures dream of reviving traditional music
- How interesting are TripAdvisor's suggested destinations in Vietnam?
- Buddha's hand citron village ready for Lunar New Year
- Newly-released stamps celebrate World Heritage sites in Vietnam
- Hanoi in almond tree leaves change
Hanoi envisions becoming leading semiconductor center
PM urges major mobile carriers to lead in semiconductor chip research
Hanoi issues digital database development plan for 2024
Vietnam's 2024 Top 10 most welcoming cities
Vietnam news in brief - February 23
World-renowned Eastern & Oriental Express train to operate in Vietnam
Vietnam news in brief - February 22
Vietnam news in brief - February 21
Vietnam joins mega multinational naval exercise