Belgian craft beer festival fetes with 100 types of beer
The Belgian Embassy and the Vietnam-Belgium Friendship Association jointly organized the beer festival, which featured 100 different types of beer.
The Belgian Craft Beer Festival, which showcased up to 100 unique beers, is part of the activities in celebrating the 50th anniversary of diplomatic relations between Vietnam and the Kingdom of Belgium.
Nearly 500 participants attended the event held on April 22 in Hanoi.
According to Bui Anh Tuan, permanent vice president of the Vietnam-Belgium Friendship Association, this is an opportunity to appreciate the distinctive culinary traditions of the two nations.
"These products reflect the passion and skill of the brewers and the diversity and quality of the craft beer industry," Tuan added.
|The beer festival attracts many participants. Photo: Le Trong/The Hanoi Times
Karl Van den Bossche, Ambassador of Belgium to Vietnam, said the two countries are known for many famous beers. "Through this event, we believe that the good relationship between two countries will be nurtured and promoted," he said.
This is also an opportunity for producers and distributors from both countries to meet and partner in the craft beer industry.
The creator of the C-Brewmaster brand, Nguyen Van Cuong, recognized that Belgian partners could teach Vietnamese craft beer artisans new techniques to produce better craft beer in the future.
|Organizers cheer at the opening ceremony of the beer festival. Photo: Le Trong/The Hanoi Times
- Hanoi in the midst of Spring festival season
- Vietnamese traditional ao dai: Potential greater than tourism ambassador
- Quan Ganh Banh Day: Rustic snack of Hanoi
- Tet holiday: Then and now
- Five-colored cloudy meat jelly enriches nuances of Tet feast
- Hanoi artist nurtures dream of reviving traditional music
- How interesting are TripAdvisor's suggested destinations in Vietnam?
- Buddha's hand citron village ready for Lunar New Year
- Newly-released stamps celebrate World Heritage sites in Vietnam
- Hanoi in almond tree leaves change
Vietnam to produce clean hydrogen by 2030
PM urges major mobile carriers to lead in semiconductor chip research
Hanoi issues digital database development plan for 2024
Vietnam news in brief - February 23
World-renowned Eastern & Oriental Express train to operate in Vietnam
Vietnam news in brief - February 22
Vietnam news in brief - February 21
Vietnam joins mega multinational naval exercise
National status for Hanoi's intangible heritage