Agricultural safety expo draws 100 businesses to Hanoi
The fair will run until May 22 at the An Binh City Urban Area in Bac Tu Liem District, Hanoi.
A fair showcasing Hanoi's safe food and agricultural products attracted 100 enterprises offering a wide range of agricultural products, safe food, regional specialties, and products under the One Commune One Product (OCOP) program from 19 provinces and cities, as well as districts and communes of the capital.
|Delegates attend the opening ceremony of the fair. Photos: Hoai Nam/ The Hanoi Times|
The activity was held by the Hanoi Department of Industry and Trade in response to the Food Safety Action Month in 2023.
Speaking at the opening ceremony of the event on May 18, Tran Thi Phuong Lan, Acting Director of the Hanoi Department of Industry and Trade, said the launch of the fair aims to showcase production and business models, safe food chains, and traditional specialties, and to help connect consumption and promote safe agricultural products among consumers in the capital.
She added that as food safety is a major concern of Hanoi's authorities and consumers, Hanoi has taken drastic measures to prevent unsafe food and safeguard consumers' interests, strengthening interdisciplinary and specialized inspection and examination of food safety, Lan said.
The city has also held festivals promoting OCOP and agricultural products to strengthen trade links among the city and localities across the country in the consumption of agricultural products.
|A local consumer visits a booth at the fair.|
- Cuba’s delegation visits Hanoi’s modern agro production models
- Legal framework is key to Hanoi agritourism
- Hanoi Agriculture Fair 2023 promotes over 1,000 OCOP products
- Opening of first ever OCOP-POS showroom in Hanoi
- Businesses, cooperatives should lead agricultural sector growth: Specialists
- Norway strengthens support to Vietnam's sustainable marine aquaculture
- Hanoi residents enjoy plum and safe specialties from Son La
- Hanoi to become processed goods export hub
- Vegetable and fruit exports expected to hit $4 billion this year
- Agricultural safety expo draws 100 businesses to Hanoi
Vietnam kicks off project to combat zoonotic disease risks from wildlife
Vietnam News Highlights for June 10
French-Vietnamese singer The Rodeo to perform in Hanoi
Hanoi, Copenhagen join hands in green city development
Michelin stars to motivate Vietnamese cuisine
Red River - a centerpiece in Hanoi’s green development
New apartment buildings must have life span: Hanoi Party Chief
Hanoi Times Weekly Podcast
Vietnam’s Reunification Express named world’s most incredible rail journey: Lonely Planet