Fair linking farm producers to market opens in Hanoi
The promotion fair will run until August 14 in No. 489 Hoang Quoc Viet Street, Cau Giay District, Hanoi.
A fair connecting farm producers with Hanoi’s wet markets kicked off on August 10 at the Trade Promotion Center for Agriculture in the capital city.
|Local consumers are attending the fair. Photo: kinhtedothi.vn|
The event drew the participation of 70 units from Hanoi and other provinces who, on 150 stalls, introduce a variety of products ranked by the One Commune One Product (OCOP) program and regional specialties as well as production and processing models.
According to the Hanoi Department of Industry and Trade, maintaining and developing traditional channels, including wet markets, is a key task of the capital city as the distribution channel enables the supply of essential goods. However, the quality control of food and products at wet markets has been loose.
To solve the problem, the city has approved the project "Management of Food Production and Business Establishments in Wet Markets in Hanoi in 2022-2025", which has achieved several key results, including securing commitments from local food producers and businesses not to sell counterfeit products and products of unknown origin and reviewing the current status of food production and marketing establishments.
In order to meet the objectives set out in the project, Tran Thi Phuong Lan, Acting Director of the Hanoi Department of Industry and Commerce, said that her department will continue to coordinate with relevant units to promote communication work, strengthen inspection of the observance of the law on food safety in the area.
In addition, the department will promote the supervision of investment in construction, renovation, and the upgrading of markets as planned.
- Infrastructure development essential to agricultural eco-tourism in Hanoi
- Hanoi builds more processing plants to balance supply and demand
- Taking Hanoi's farm produce to modern distribution channels
- OCOP festival underway in Hanoi
- Vietstock Expo & Forum 2022 to organize in October
- Hanoi seeks ways to boost agricultural exports
- Vietnam's agriculture accelerates development associated with tourism
- Hanoi to host Vietnam International Agricultural Trade Fair next week
- Hanoi enhances sales of farm produce via e-commerce channels
- Hanoi builds new-style cooperative models
Make Hanoi a worth-living place: Opinions
Balcony music show comes back to audiences at Hoan Kiem pedestrian zone
Vietnam c.bank raises policy rates first time in two years
Documentary of plastic pollution crisis on screen
Ten nominations for “Bui Xuan Phai – For the Love of Hanoi” Awards
Hanoi strengthens cooperation with Israel in urban management
Macroeconomic stability key for Vietnam to weather global uncertainties
Vietnam stands firm on economic recovery: WB
Hanoi wins World Travel Awards 2022