Foxconn to recruit 1,000 workers in Vietnam
Vietnam is currently Foxconn’s largest production hub in Southeast Asia.
Taiwan-based Foxconn or Hon Hai Precision Industry, known as a major manufacturing partner of Apple, has announced its plan to recruit 1,000 workers for assembling electronic parts.
Under the announcement, workers are required to work at Dinh Tram, Quang Chau, and Van Trung industrial parks in Bac Giang province, and Que Vo industrial park in Bac Ninh province, with an income of VND8-10 million (US$348-435) per month.
Foxconn among investors receive investment licenses from Bac Giang's authorities. Photos: Duong Thuy
In January, the firm received an investment license from the authority of Vietnam’s northeastern province Bac Giang for a US$270-million manufacturing project.
The plant would be specialized in manufacturing tablets and laptops for Apple with the production capacity of eight million units per year.
Making inroads into Vietnam in 2007 with the first two manufacturing plants in Bac Ninh and Bac Giang provinces, the country is currently Foxconn’s largest production hub in Southeast Asia.
As of December 2020, total investment capital of the group stood at US$1.5 billion and employed over 53,000 locals, in which the investment capital in Bac Giang province amounted to US$900 million.
In 2021, the group would continue to invest another US$700 million and create jobs for 10,000 people.
Foxconn is currently rushing to shift away from being overly dependent on Chinese production as reported by Nikkei, with the goal of making its production outside China total more than 30% of its overall production.
Rival companies such as Taiwanese electronics manufacturer Pegatron and contract manufacturer Wistron have also decided to expand into Vietnam, with the latter planning to invest US$1 billion to build a manufacturing complex at the Nam Dinh Vu industrial park in the northern city of Haiphong.
- Economic diplomacy catalyzes Vietnam’s development: PM
- Vietnam moves up 12 places in EIU’s business environment ranking
- Vietnamese Gov’t aims to approve North-South express railway project by 2025
- US-based infrastructure investment fund promises US$1 billion for Vietnam
- Vietnam ready upgrade US ties on 10th anniversary of comprehensive partnership
- Largest-ever US business delegation seeks investment opportunities in Vietnam
- China's Sunny Group plans US$2.5 billion investment in Vietnam
- $8 billion to be pumped into Vietnam’s Central Coast
- FDI to Vietnam’s real estate rises by over 70% in 2022
- Laos vows to facilitate Vietnam's investors
Hanoi fervently celebrates Mid-Autumn Festival
Vietnam news in brief - September 28
Hanoi's road patching heroes: For the safety of road travelers
Typical Hanoian autumn snacks
Hanoi Fall Festival 2023 captivates visitors with unique activities
Revising Capital Law opens door to Hanoi's prosperity: Mayor
Global Conference of Young Parliamentarians: Opportunity to promote international cooperation
Global Conference of Young Parliamentarians: Roadmap for better future
The quintessential craft of Ngu Xa bronze casting