Hanoi approves 33 projects worth US$250 million in 2021-2025
The majority of projects are in transport and technical infrastructure, culture-education-sports, and irrigation.
The Hanoi People’s Council today [July 6] approved the investment policy for 27 projects with total capital of VND5.17 trillion (US$221 million) and validated the capital increase of six existing ones with additional capital of VND634 billion ($27.13 million).
|Director of Hanoi’s Department of Planning and Investment Do Anh Tuan at the session. Photo: Thanh Hai/ The Hanoi Times|
The move is part of Hanoi’s adjusted public investment plan for the 2021-2025 period, which received the endorsement of 100% of deputies present.
The number of approved public projects was lower than the one proposed by the municipal People’s Committee with 47.
According to Director of Hanoi’s Department of Planning and Investment Do Anh Tuan, projects submitted by the city’s authorities are in the fields of transport and technical infrastructure (25 projects), culture-education-sports (10 projects) and irrigation (11 projects).
|Deputies of the Hanoi People's Council during the voting process.|
The Economic-Budget Committee under the Hanoi People’s Council, however, called for the approval postponement of three projects that are not compatible with current land-use planning, including the upgrade of Thach That General hospital; the construction and upgrade of technical infrastructure at Phu Thi and Duong Xa A industrial parks, Gia Lam District; the construction of road section Yen Vien – Dinh Xuyen – Ninh Hiep, Gia Lam District.
The approval of other projects have also been delayed due mainly to budget constraints, noted the committee.
- Hanoi supports 20 locations in promoting sales of OCOP products
- Hanoi targets 9% increase in tax revenue by 2023
- Urban planning plays a key role in sustaining prosperity in Hanoi: Experts
- Cultural industry designed as spearhead economic sector of Hanoi
- Hanoi bolsters cooperation with Singapore in urban development
- President Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum reopens
- Hanoi helps businesses get loans
- Hanoi, Vientiane strengthen cooperation in trade unions
- Solidarity with Vietnamese people motivates Palestine moving forward: Amb.
- Hanoi – Vientiane bolster economic ties
Vietnam needs financial resources to advance gender equality
Over US$34 billion set to pour into Vietnam’s real estate market this year
“Produce more from less”: Danish agricultural philosophy for Vietnam
One Year After, One Year Lost
Cultural industry to contribute 5% of Hanoi’s GRDP by 2025
Vietnam is stunning in South Korean artist’s MV
Hanoi focuses on supporting business recovery: Mayor
Construction of Hanoi’s Ring-road No.4 set to begin next June
Dolphin shows fascinate audiences in Hanoi