Hanoi approves 33 projects worth US$250 million in 2021-2025
The majority of projects are in transport and technical infrastructure, culture-education-sports, and irrigation.
The Hanoi People’s Council today [July 6] approved the investment policy for 27 projects with total capital of VND5.17 trillion (US$221 million) and validated the capital increase of six existing ones with additional capital of VND634 billion ($27.13 million).
|Director of Hanoi’s Department of Planning and Investment Do Anh Tuan at the session. Photo: Thanh Hai/ The Hanoi Times|
The move is part of Hanoi’s adjusted public investment plan for the 2021-2025 period, which received the endorsement of 100% of deputies present.
The number of approved public projects was lower than the one proposed by the municipal People’s Committee with 47.
According to Director of Hanoi’s Department of Planning and Investment Do Anh Tuan, projects submitted by the city’s authorities are in the fields of transport and technical infrastructure (25 projects), culture-education-sports (10 projects) and irrigation (11 projects).
|Deputies of the Hanoi People's Council during the voting process.|
The Economic-Budget Committee under the Hanoi People’s Council, however, called for the approval postponement of three projects that are not compatible with current land-use planning, including the upgrade of Thach That General hospital; the construction and upgrade of technical infrastructure at Phu Thi and Duong Xa A industrial parks, Gia Lam District; the construction of road section Yen Vien – Dinh Xuyen – Ninh Hiep, Gia Lam District.
The approval of other projects have also been delayed due mainly to budget constraints, noted the committee.
- Hanoi Party chief attends tree planting festival
- Prime Minister praises Ring Road 4 project's land clearance
- Hanoi eyes higher transport infrastructure capabilities
- Hanoi marks 234th anniversary of Ngoc Hoi - Dong Da victory
- Hanoi maintains its leading position in building new-style rural areas
- Warm shelter for the homeless in Hanoi
- Hanoi set to make breakthroughs in transport infrastructure development in 2023
- Hanoi Party chief sends Tet greetings to locals
- Hanoi’s leaders pay tribute to ancestors on Tet
- Hanoi's transport infrastructure development ends 2022 on high note
Vietnam spends US$9 billion on oil imports in 2022
Hanoi makes people and businesses the center of digitalization
Tet in the eyes of foreigners in Hanoi
Hanoians show passion for flowers
Vietnam’s tourism forecast to strongly rebound in five years
Admiring 2,023 feline statuettes made by Hanoi artist
Overseas Vietnamese eagerly await Tet and spring
Switzerland to support Vietnam’s transition to green economy
Foreign ambassadors experience Vietnamese Tet in Duong Lam Village