Hanoi Gift Show 2022 kicks off
The four-day event kicked off on October 20 and will run until October 23.
Hanoi Gift Show 2022 is expected to welcome over 10,000 domestic and foreign visitors at the National Exhibition Construction Center.
|Local visitors attend the expo. Photo: The Hanoi Times
Some 460 booths on-site and online of Vietnamese and foreign enterprises and production facilities will introduce handicraft products with unique designs.
The expo is expected to continue supporting enterprises, production and business establishments of handicraft products to restore production and business activities, develop the city's economy, seek customers in international markets, and maintain and expand key export markets.
Speaking at the opening ceremony on October 20, Vice Chairman of the Hanoi People's Committee Nguyen Manh Quyen said that Hanoi Gift Show 2022 is a large-scale, export-oriented event in the Asia-Pacific region. "It attracted the attention of domestic enterprises, importers, and international customers from more than 30 countries with typical handicraft products."
The tenth fair drew over 5,000 booths from more than 2,000 businesses, producers, importers, and international trade visitors participating in trade connection activities. Thousands of contracts and memorandum of understanding were signed, positively contributing around 6-8% per year to the export growth of the handicraft industry each year.
Tran Thi Phuong Lan, Acting Director of the municipal Department of Industry and Trade, said that foreign importers would work with local businesses and production households participating in the fair.
She added the department would also connect local producers with major e-commerce platforms to advise and support bringing Hanoi's handicrafts to the e-commerce floor.
- Vietnam to have 50 million e-wallets in 2024: Report
- Vietnam gears up efforts to establish domestic carbon market
- Vietnam’s fruit exports gain momentum in early 2024
- Vn-Index towards 1,300 in 2024: SSI
- Hanoi public transport poised for breakthrough
- Positive outlook for Vietnam’s consumer spending in 2024: Fitch Solutions
- Hanoi plans over 60 trade promotion events this year
- US plans to conclude the review of Vietnam’s non-market economy status in summer
- Philippines sees Vietnam as key food security partner
- Vietnam's market attractiveness is second only to US: JETRO
Hanoi creates favorable conditions for Turkish businesses
Vietnam to finalize legal framework for digital assets in May
Vietnam news in brief - February 27
Siemens interested in Hanoi's metro projects: CEO Roland Busch
Prime Minister Pham Minh Chinh expects more from Siemens’ local operations
Tales of recruits: Answering the nation’s call
Vietnam's 2024 Top 10 most welcoming cities
Vietnam news in brief - February 23
World-renowned Eastern & Oriental Express train to operate in Vietnam