Hanoi People’s Council ratifies resolution on speeding up socio-economic development
Hanoi would focus on accelerating disbursement of public investment funds and enhancing the quality of state governance in various fields.
The 16th Hanoi People’s Council, term 2021-2026, today [July 6] ratified a resolution on objectives for socio-economic development with the endorsement of 100% of deputies present.
Overview of the session. Photo: Thanh Hai
The resolution highlighted Hanoi’s economic performance in the first half of 2022 with an expansion rate of 7.79% year-on-year, representing a 1.29%-fold increase against the same period of last year.
In addition, the resolution stressed the significance of pursuing the Government’s plan for Covid-19 prevention and control; completing the vaccination campaign for children aged 5-12 before September 2022; ensuring all socio-economic activities are in line with the "flexible adaptation with Covid-19” policy.
Hanoi would focus on accelerating socio-economic development, with speeding up disbursement of public investment funds; supervising the market price of strategic commodities; providing support for businesses and households; enhancing state governance capacity in planning, land management, enforcing construction discipline and urban order, as well as environmental protection.
Meanwhile, the resolution called on the authorities to continue administrative reforms.
“A transparent and favorable business/investment environment is essential,” noted the resolution, expecting local authorities to continue addressing the concerns of businesses in terms of legal procedures for speedy recovery in the post-pandemic period.
The resolution gives priority to the effective state budget management, including the effective implementation of tax-related law.
- Hanoi Party chief attends tree planting festival
- Prime Minister praises Ring Road 4 project's land clearance
- Hanoi eyes higher transport infrastructure capabilities
- Hanoi marks 234th anniversary of Ngoc Hoi - Dong Da victory
- Hanoi maintains its leading position in building new-style rural areas
- Warm shelter for the homeless in Hanoi
- Hanoi set to make breakthroughs in transport infrastructure development in 2023
- Hanoi Party chief sends Tet greetings to locals
- Hanoi’s leaders pay tribute to ancestors on Tet
- Hanoi's transport infrastructure development ends 2022 on high note
Vietnam spends US$9 billion on oil imports in 2022
Hanoi makes people and businesses the center of digitalization
Tet in the eyes of foreigners in Hanoi
Hanoians show passion for flowers
Vietnam’s tourism forecast to strongly rebound in five years
Admiring 2,023 feline statuettes made by Hanoi artist
Overseas Vietnamese eagerly await Tet and spring
Switzerland to support Vietnam’s transition to green economy
Foreign ambassadors experience Vietnamese Tet in Duong Lam Village