Hanoi takes action to promote handicrafts and OCOP products
The exhibition will run until December 8.
More than 200 contemporary ceramic works and other products under the One Commune One Product (OCOP) program as well as handicrafts by Hanoi artisans, skilled workers, and designers are on display at an exhibition to introduce typical rural industry items of the capital city in 2021.
|A local consumer is visiting the exhibition. Photo: The Hanoi Times|
Speaking at the opening event held last week, Tran Thi Phuong Lan, Acting Director of the Hanoi Department of Industry and Trade said the exhibitions like this one will create opportunities for Hanoi artisans and craft villages to promote and sell handicraft and OCOP-labeled products to domestic and international clients, as well as preserve the value of traditional handicraft products.
Thereby it is expected to boost production and business activities, contributing to the recovery and development of the economy in the new normal, she said.
This was the first event in a series of exhibitions to be organized by the Hanoi Department of Industry and Trade.
Earlier, Hanoi also held a program with the participation of 50 business households on sustainable production and consumption on December 3 in Thuong Tin District.
Traditional craft villages participating in the program were required to meet nine criteria in each stage of production, processing, and completion of a product and its distribution.
The activity aimed to implement the National Action Plan on Sustainable Production and Consumption in Hanoi in 2021.
- Vietnam's rice prices remain highest in world market
- Hanoi craftsmen's lives improved with modern materials and techniques
- Hanoi promotes public-private partnership to boost livestock production
- Hanoi classifies over 500 OCOP products
- Hanoi’s agricultural sector move toward green production
- Fisheries – Productive cooperation between Vietnam and Norway
- Hanoi to expand hi-tech farming models
- Hanoi launches action program for collective economy
- IFAD promotes sustainable agriculture in Mekong Delta
- Vietnam to add value to vegetable and fruit
Vietnam aims for five international-standard cities by 2045
Hanoi patriots recount memories of captivity
Fascinating look at Hanoi in black and white photo collection
Travel enthusiasts flock to Hanoi Tourism Festival 2023
Effective public investment as a top political mission: PM
Hanoi named among Vietnam's most beautiful places
Hanoi among cities with most trees in the world
2023 - a year of high-quality startups in Vietnam
Vietnam 12th International Photo Contest winners announced