Vietnam takes Vietnam-US bilateral trade agreements seriously: MOFA Spokesperson
Vietnam said it maintains dialogues and consultation with the US to handle problems for mutual interest.
Vietnam has seriously implemented commitments and trade agreements dealt between Vietnam and the US and multilateral trade agreements in response to Washington’s accusation that Vietnam manipulates its currency to gain an unfair competitive advantage.
|Spokesperson Le Thi Thu Hang of Vietnam’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Photo: MOFA|
“The government of Vietnam attaches special importance to the economic and trade relations with the US,” Spokesperson Le Thi Thu Hang of Vietnam’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) said at a press conference today [December 17].
Vietnam maintains constructive dialogues and consultation with the US to handle problems in bilateral economic and trade relations in a manner that’s good for the both sides and the mutual interest, Ms. Hang said in a statement.
In the US Treasury’s report released on December 16, Vietnam was deemed to have intervened deeply in currency markets to prevent effective balance of payments adjustments.
Shortly after the accusation, the State Bank of Vietnam (SBV) said Vietnam’s trade and current account balances favorable to Vietnam with surpluses with the US are “result of factors related to the characteristics of the Vietnamese economy" and not for unfair trade gains.
The spokesperson said past 25-year relationship, mostly after upgrading the status to Comprehensive Partnership, Vietnam and the US have made impressive strides in different fields, especially trade and investment.
In November, Vietnam’s Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc said at the meeting in Hanoi with the US National Security Advisor Robert O’Brien that Vietnam regards trade as a key pillar in the relationship with the US.
- Prime Minister urges proactive response to natural disasters
- Vietnam win second match of Asian futsal tournament
- Vietnam, Cuba ink action plan for further economic ties 2023-2025
- Cuban Prime Minister arrives in Vietnam, first visit outside Latin America
- Vietnam’s futsal team win convincing victory against South Korea
- Vietnam expects support from Warburg Pincus in energy and policy development
- Vietnam and Germany prepare for high-ranking exchange visits
- IPP matters a lot to economic growth, innovation: US Ambassador
- [UPDATED] Typhoon Noru hits Central Vietnam, curfew imposed
- Typhoon Noru coming on, Vietnam closes nine airports
Hanoi's GRDP growth surges 9.69% in nine months
It’s a complicated world but we all need to eat – without consuming the world in the process
Vietnam among fastest growing economies in East Asia – Pacific region: WB
Vietnam needs to expand airport network to relieve pressure on infrastructure
Vietnamese, foreign firms must store data in cyberspace from October
Trade cooperation: Highlight of Vietnam-EU relations
Khau Pha Paragliding Festival offers spectacular scenery from a bird-eye view
[Infographic] Hanoi ranks second in Vietnam 2022 e-Business Index
Vietnam Airlines listed among the world’s best 100