Hanoi to host program kicking off SEA Games 31
The program is part of the campaign to promote the largest sports event in Southeast Asia to be hosted by Vietnam in 2021.
The kick-off program of the 31st Southeast Asian Games (SEA Games 31) and the 11th ASEAN Para Games (Para Games 11) will be held at 8am on November 21 at the Ly Thai To Square, Hanoi, as part of the campaign to promote the largest sports event in Southeast Asia.
The 31st SEA Games 2021
The program is also held to celebrate the second session of the Southeast Asian Games Federation taking place on November 19 and 20.
The SEA Games 31 will be held from November 21 to December 2, 2021 in Hanoi and some neighboring cities and provinces (Bac Ninh, Hai Duong, Hai Phong, Quang Ninh, Ha Nam, Nam Dinh, Ninh Binh, Hoa Binh, Vinh Phuc and Bac Giang). The My Dinh Sports Complex in Hanoi will be the main venue where the opening ceremony and Olympic sports competitions such as athletics, water sports, soccer, among others, will take place.
So far, the total number of sports that will be competed in the Games is estimated at 40, but the exact number will be fixed at the second meeting of the Southeast Asian Games Federation Council on November 19-20.
In the framework of the program, the Organizing Committee will launch SEA Games 31 website; 1-year countdown to the SEA Games 31 opening ceremony; reports on the preparation of the host country’s Organizing Committee and on the creation contest of logo and mascot of the Games.
The successful organization of this program would demonstrate the willingness of the government and people of Vietnam to overcome all difficulties and challenges, especially Covid-19, and successfully host the biggest multi-sport event in Southeast Asia.
- 400 golfers to compete at Hanoi Golf & Cultural Exchange Week 2022
- Cultural activities celebrate 68th anniversary of Capital Liberation Day
- Hanoi wins 2022 Vietnam National Youth Fencing Championship
- Hanoi Theater Festival 2022 debuted
- Balcony music show comes back to audiences at Hoan Kiem pedestrian zone
- Documentary of plastic pollution crisis on screen
- Hanoi: Documentaries on wildlife and nature conservation available for public
- First international nature film festival in Vietnam debuts
- Famous Spanish pianist to perform in Hanoi
- Backtrack Vocals: Arts envoy bridges US and Vietnam cultures
Hanoi a top destination for ASEAN investors
Vietnam demands removal of “Little Women” from Netflix
Cultural activities celebrate 68th anniversary of Capital Liberation Day
Vietnam’s economy stands firm in rapid recovery path: AMRO
Macro stability considered key for Vietnam’s growth in remaining months: Gov’t
Local firms urged to stay proactive in intellectual property protection
Vietnam needs to expand airport network to relieve pressure on infrastructure
Vietnamese, foreign firms must store data in cyberspace from October
Trade cooperation: Highlight of Vietnam-EU relations