Hanoi to launch electric taxi this week
Green Taxi SM branded electric taxis will be available in public places and throughout Vincom's commercial center system in Hanoi.
Vingroup subsidiary Green and Smart Mobility (GSM) JSC will launch electric taxi services in Hanoi on April 14.
|Electric taxi service using VinFast eletric vehicles will launch from April 14 in Hanoi. Photo: VinFast|
GSM JSC offers VinFast electric vehicles and motorcycle rental and taxi services, the operator of an electric taxi service under the brand of Green Taxi SM.
The launch in Hanoi will start the company's plan to expand to at least five provinces and cities nationwide this year.
Its two green and smart transportation services includes GreenCar and LuxuryCar, using VF e34 (GreenCar) and VinFast VF 8 (LuxuryCar) vehicles. In the first phase, Green Taxi SM will operate 500 VF e34 and 100 VF 8 in Hanoi.
In the near future, its fleet will include VF 5 Plus (GreenCar) of VinFast, the electric vehicle manufacturer and subsidiary of Vingroup.
The initial fare for the first kilometer of GreenCar service is VND20,000 (US$0.8). For the next 24 kilometers, the fare is VND14,000 (US$0.6) per kilometer for the VF 5 Plus and VND15,500 (US$0.6) per kilometer for the VF e34. From the 26th kilometer, the fare is VND12,000 ($0.5) per kilometer for VF 5 Plus and VND12,500 ($0.53) per kilometer for VF e34.
The price for the luxury car service is VND21,000 ($0.9) per kilometer for the entire trip.
Green Taxi SM, with a registered capital of VND3 trillion ($126.7 million), was founded last month by Pham Nhat Vuong, chairman of Vietnamese conglomerate Vingroup. Pham Nhat Vuong is one of few Vietnamese billionaires ranked by Forbes. Vingroup aims to spread the trend of green living and popularize the habit of using electric cars in the community.
- FPT and US firm collaborate to develop semiconductor workforce
- US$600 million Lotte Mall West Lake Hanoi opens
- FPT announces US investment, workforce development for AI and semiconductor
- Vietnam Airlines orders 50 Boeing 737 MAX jets
- FPT Software opens new office in Mexico
- Vietjet launches Hanoi – Jakarta direct air service
- Vietnam Airlines made it to Bounce's list of 10 best international airlines
- Vietnamese businesses empowered by Samsung's smart factory development project
- Vietravel Airlines launches Hanoi - Sanya (China) air route
- Ericsson and RMIT University to establish AI Lab in Vietnam
Hanoi ratifies resolution on enhancing fire prevention and firefighting
Vietnam news in brief - September 23
Friendly LGBT community destinations in Vietnam
Hanoi Fall Festival 2023 captivates visitors with unique activities
Revising Capital Law opens door to Hanoi's prosperity: Mayor
Global Conference of Young Parliamentarians: Opportunity to promote international cooperation
Global Conference of Young Parliamentarians: Roadmap for better future
The quintessential craft of Ngu Xa bronze casting
Hanoi develops without losing characters