Hanoi tourism earns $13 million in first 3 days of 2021
The city’s tourist destinations offered diverse services to attract visitors from January 1 to 3, 2021.
Hanoi welcomed nearly 120,000 visitors during the first three days of 2021, earning a total revenue of VND302 billion (US$13 million), according to the Hanoi Department of Tourism.
|Hanoi welcomed nearly 120,000 visitors during the first three days of 2021. Photo: Pham Hung|
Among the visitors, the number of international arrivals to the city is estimated at 4,500, mainly foreigners who are on diplomatic or businesses purposes while the number of domestic travelers reached 114,000. On January 1, the city welcomed more than 39,000 visitors earning a revenue of VND100 billion (US$4.3 million).
Compared to the same period of 2020, the number of tourists to Hanoi dropped 89% from January 1 to 3 due to the impact of Covid-19. Tourist sites in Hanoi offered services with reasonable prices on the occasion of the New Year to boost up visits.
Typically, the Duong Lam ancient village welcomed 3,200 visitors, Hanoi Zoo in Thu Le Park received 5,000 people while the Hoa Lo Prison Relic hosted 1,700 arrivals and the Vietnam National Village for Ethnic Culture and Tourism received more than 7,300 visitors.
At the Temple of Literature, the municipal Department of Tourism held a ceremony to welcome the first domestic tourist to Hanoi on January 1, 2021; the Vietnam National Village for Ethnic Culture and Tourism organized a program themed “Spring in mountainous markets”; the Vietnam Museum of Ethnology celebrated the "Happy Spring Festival for 2021” while the Bao Son Paradise Park hosted the Dino Kingdom Festival.
Visitors to Hanoi were able to enjoy many special art programs to welcome the New Year within the opening ceremony for the expansion of the weekend walking space in the south of the Old Quarter area.
- Seven things international visitors to Vietnam should keep in mind
- Hanoi named among Vietnam's most beautiful places
- Visa-free stay for foreign tourists in Phu Quoc is 30 days
- Quang Ninh to have another airport on Co To Island
- New tourist routes launched between Hanoi and Bac Giang
- Haiphong food tour - a guide for the port city's delights
- Vietnam, Japan release tourism promotion video clip
- US magazine praises Ha Long Bay as ‘a tourism mecca in Asia’
- Ha Long Bay among top ten most incredible tourist attractions people should visit once in life
- Vietnam tops list of must-visit destinations for 2023
Vietnam, China enhance border ties
There cannot be another genocide: Ambassadors
Balade en France gastronomic festival - Walking in France in the heart of Hanoi
Vietnam considers issuing e-visas to citizens of all countries and territories
Business executives to face disciplinary action for failure to stop smuggling activities
Travel enthusiasts flock to Hanoi Tourism Festival 2023
Effective public investment as a top political mission: PM
Hanoi named among Vietnam's most beautiful places
Hanoi among cities with most trees in the world