Iran plans to promote investments in Vietnam
The move is intended for Iranian businessmen and traders to become acquainted with the business potential of Vietnam and having more vigorous presence in this market.
Iran’s Trade Promotion Organization (TPO) plans to hold a seminar on introducing the Vietnamese market on February 4, Tehran Times reported.
The seminar is intended for Iranian businessmen and traders to become acquainted with the business potentials of Vietnam and having more vigorous presence in its markets.
The TPO has previously held similar gatherings on introducing markets of some other countries and is planning to hold some more seminars in this field. It is mainly in line with the country’s approach of bolstering non-oil exports.
Last month, the head of Iran-Vietnam Joint Chamber of Commerce, Mostafa Mousavi, announced that the value of trade between the two countries reached US$352 million in the end of the last Iranian calendar year of 1397 (March 20, 2019), up over 100% from US$172 million in the preceding year.
“According to the official statistics, the worth of trade between the two countries stood at US$352 million in the previous Iranian calendar year , the figure, however, is not approved by the joint chamber, since due to the U.S. sanctions much of the two countries’ trade is done through third countries and is estimated to be around $700 million,” Mostafa Mousavi was quoted by Iranian Labor News Agency as saying.
According to Mousavi, because of the sanctions most of Iran’s exports to Vietnam are being done through Turkey and Oman, while Vietnamese goods are imported through the UAE, which has led to not being mentioned in the official statistics of the two countries.
Vietnam is one of the world’s major producers of non-oil commodities and its products are of very high quality.
The country was the 45th exporter of goods to Iran during the past Iranian calendar year with exported coffee, pepper, fish feed, and cellphones to Iran.
- Construction of road connecting Northwest region kicked off
- Vietnam may face increased pressure on inflation control: Experts
- Moody’s sovereign rating upgrade raises Vietnam’s appeal to foreign investors
- Vietnam remains attractive for high-quality FDI
- Over 600 deals signed at Vietnam Startup Day
- FPT Software and Singapore’s NCS jointly develop technology center
- Actual FDI to Vietnam raises by 10% to US$12 billion in seven months
- Vietnamese Gov’t eyes construction of Tan Son Nhat Airport’s new terminal in Q3
- Economic cooperation - a highlight of Vietnam-Oman relationship
- JBIC prioritizes partnership with Vietnam
Make Hanoi a worth-living place: Opinions
Balcony music show comes back to audiences at Hoan Kiem pedestrian zone
Romantic West Lake in the fall
Vietnam Airlines listed among the world’s best 100
Ten nominations for “Bui Xuan Phai – For the Love of Hanoi” Awards
Hanoi strengthens cooperation with Israel in urban management
Macroeconomic stability key for Vietnam to weather global uncertainties
Vietnam stands firm on economic recovery: WB
Hanoi wins World Travel Awards 2022