National cultural heritage photography contest debuts
All Vietnamese people living in and outside the country as well as foreign residents in Vietnam are invited to participate in the 2021 National Cultural Heritage Photo Contest.
The Department of Cultural Heritage, Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism has launched for the first time a photo contest and an exhibition themed Tangible Cultural Heritage in Vietnam.
|Trang An- Bai Dinh Landscape Complex is recognized by UNESCO as a World Cultural and Natural Heritage. Photo: Gonatour.vn|
The event is aimed at raising public awareness on the importance of preserving cultural heritage and natural values, according to the organizing board.
The entries of the contest should focus on historical and cultural relics, art and architectural works as well as beautiful landscapes.
Professional and non-professional photographers, Vietnamese citizens or foreigners living and working in Vietnam, aged 18 years or older are qualified for taking part in the contest.
Submissions to the contest can be either single images or photosets. Each photographer can send their photographs via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org from now through September 30. Printed photos should be sent along with CD/DVD or USB to Cultural Heritage Department, 51 Ngo Quyen Street, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi.
The award-winning photos will be used largely in publications, medias or social networks locally and internationally to promote the values of Vietnamese cultural heritage.
The organizing board will pick the best photos to display at an exhibition, which is scheduled to be held in the fourth quarter of 2021 to celebrate the Vietnam Cultural Heritage Day on November 23.
- Vietnam, Russia mark 73rd anniversary of diplomatic relations
- Party General Secretary extends greetings for Year of the Cat
- Vietnamese people eager to celebrate Lunar New Year
- Norway Ambassador expects to visit pagodas in Hanoi in first Tet
- UNICEF promotes disadvantaged populations’ rights in Vietnam
- Vo Thi Anh Xuan serves as acting president of Vietnam
- Vietnam’s President resigns from office
- Australia continues supporting development in Northwest Vietnam
- Common voice matters to Global South countries: Vietnam President
- Vietnam PM makes first visit to Laos
Business confidence in Vietnam improves to a three-month high: S&P Global
Demand for housing in Hanoi forecast to rise in 2023
Make in Vietnam drives ICT firms into international markets
Hanoi ranked 5th among safest cities in Southeast Asia
Hanoians show passion for flowers
Vietnam’s tourism forecast to strongly rebound in five years
Admiring 2,023 feline statuettes made by Hanoi artist
Overseas Vietnamese eagerly await Tet and spring
Switzerland to support Vietnam’s transition to green economy