Sa Pa: Two landscapes set records
Two landscapes in Sa Pa district of the northern mountainous province of Lao Cai have set new national records, according to the Viet Nam Records Organization (Vietkings).
O Quy Ho mountain and terraced field in Vu Lung Sung - Illustration photo
O Quy Ho mountain pass has been recognized as the longest pass in Viet Nam and a 121-step terraced field in Vu Lung Sung village, Trung Chai commune has been named the one with the most steps.
The terraced field in Vu Lung Sung is considered one of the most beautiful and oldest terraced fields in Sa Pa (over 100 years old).
Previously, Lao Cai province proposed Vietkings recognizing its three landscapes, including a complex of terraced fields in Muong Hoa valley, covering a total area of over 935ha in the three communes of Lao Chai, Ta Van and Hau Thao.
Vietkings will present the Viet Nam record certification to the two landscapes on the occasion of the 110th anniversary of Sa Pa tourism on November 2.
Earlier, the Travel and Leisure magazine (USA) in 2009 voted Sa Pa's terraced field in the top seven of the most beautiful and grandiose terraced fields in Asia and the world.
- Ha Long Bay among best tourist destinations for 2024: OvationNetwork
- Nha Trang promises to be a city of cinema tourism
- Friendly LGBT community destinations in Vietnam
- German press: Vietnam is a fascinating travel destination
- Things to do in Hue for Autumn Festival 2023
- Mountain Retreat
- Charming Northwest region in the “gold season”
- Suggested places around Hanoi to visit on National Day
- Ten ideal destinations in Vietnam for Independence Day
- Photo of Saigon by night wins tourism photo contest
Perth fashion show marks 50 years of Vietnam-Australia ties
Vietnam news in brief - December 7
Veteran journalist's memoir recalls great moments in history
Vietnam’s economy demonstrates improved adaptability to new situation
Diwali vividly celebrated in Hanoi
AI to help Hanoi accelerate smart city development
Data mining drives smart city building: vice chairman
Planning essential to promote smart city development
Amended Capital Law to develop Hanoi’s cultural industries