SSC urged to finalize KRX-developed trading system
The new system will allow the introduction of new products and services to the local stock market.
Vice Minister of Finance Nguyen Duc Chi has urged the State Securities Commission of Vietnam (SSC), the country’s stock market watchdog, to accelerate the testing process of the new stock trading system provided by the Korea Exchange (KRX), South Korea’s bourse operator.
|Investor at a securities company in Hanoi. Photo: Viet Dung|
“The launch of the new system would allow the introduction of new services and products in the stock market,” Chi noted.
In 2012, the HoSE and KRX signed a deal worth VND600 billion (US$26.14 million) for the latter to develop a new IT system to be used in the local stock market. The completion, however, was delayed until now due to the Covid-19 outbreak.
Chi also called for the Vietnam Stock Exchange to set up a warning system to detect irregularities in stock transactions.
To ensure the market's long-term development, Chi stressed the necessity for the SSC to revise the current legal framework and address obsolete regulations in stock market management.
“Greater efforts needed to supervise the operation of securities companies and timely deal with violations,” he added.
Meanwhile, Chi called for major improvements in the market operation for a possible upgrade from the current status of the frontier to an emerging market.
The benchmark Vn-Index underwent a major correction phase from its peak of 1,500 to around 1,170 in just a month and a half.
The SSC noted the market slump was in line with the situation of stock markets around the world and expected a soon recovery given the strong support from the Government and bright economic outlook.
At the close yesterday, Vn-Index rose by nine points to 1,294, marking the fifth consecutive rise for a cumulative 80 points.
- Global minimum tax set to take effect in Vietnam in 2024
- Vietnam’s local bond market hits US$109 billion: ADB
- Vietnam not a currency manipulator, says US Treasury
- ADB, SBV joint efforts to support digital banking in Vietnam
- Hanoi Cashless Streets to foster digital transactions
- Vietnamese Government considers extending VAT reduction to mid-2024
- The Green Economy Forum 2023 to take place in November
- Greening finance accelerates Vietnam's SDG implementation
- DHL Express partners with ACB to cut carbon emissions using sustainable aviation fuel
- Vietnam joins the ASEAN Regional Payment Connectivity
Hanoi plans to relocate more universities
Vietnam news in brief - December 4
Vietnam’s e-commerce market set to hit US$20.5 billion
Diwali vividly celebrated in Hanoi
AI to help Hanoi accelerate smart city development
Data mining drives smart city building: vice chairman
Planning essential to promote smart city development
Amended Capital Law to develop Hanoi’s cultural industries
Vietnam advised to use cultural heritage as material for creative industries