Van Mieu remains a must-go place on the first days of the New Year
For Hanoians and others in Vietnam, coming to Van Mieu – Quoc Tu Giam for script is a long-lasting custom.
Van Mieu – Quoc Tu Giam or Temple of Literature, the oldest university of Vietnam, remains a must-go place for people in Vietnam on the occasion of the Lunar New Year with aspirations to get good luck for study and advancement.
Since the morning of the first day of the Lunar New Year, people come to the temple for script and sight-seeing.
|Calligraphers write both Chinese and Vietnamese script.|
|Schoolchildren love to get script on the Lunar New Year.|
|Calligraphers and schoolchildren.|
|Old hometown scenery displayed in the temple.|
|Visitors wear face masks when practicing worshiping.|
Photos: Kinhtedothi/ Laodong
- Purple flowers signal Hanoi’s summer
- Close-up of Hanoi’s modern press center for SEA Games 31
- Sepak Takraw - the “golden hope” for Vietnam sport
- Vietnamese swimmers “sweat” for SEA Games 31 gold medals
- SEA Games 31 competition schedules
- Trinh Cong Son pedestrian street embellished for the big national holiday
- Impression of Friendship Journey 2022
- Hanoi embellished to welcome SEA Games 31
- Hanoi's St Joseph's Cathedral gets facelift
- Close-up of Viet Tri Stadium for SEA Games 31
SEA Games 31: Vietnam and Thailand to compete for football gold medal
Hanoi earmarks US$1 billion for Ring road No.4 project
Where to go and what to do in Hanoi for locals and tourists?
Exhibitions mark President Ho Chi Minh’s 132nd birthday anniversary
The Vietnam-US comprehensive partnership facilitates investment activities: PM
FPT opens new office in New York, 10th in US
Vietnam’s e-commerce: driver for economic recovery in post-Covid-19
Vietnam, Qualcomm boost cooperation for 5G development
SEA Games 31 delegates get free Hanoi Bus Tour