ASEAN Online Sale Day 2022 to open in August
Consumers can shop online via the website onlineasean.com starting on August 8, according to the Vietnam eCommerce and Digital Economy Agency (iDEA) under the Ministry of Industry and Trade.
Vietnam, Singapore, and Cambodia, which is the chair of ASEAN 2022, will host the ASEAN Online Sale Day 2022 from August 8 -10 to mark the bloc's 55th founding anniversary.
|The ASEAN Online Sale Day 2022 will be slated for August 8-10. Photo: onlineasean.com|
The event comprises two tiers for domestic and cross-border transactions. Reputable e-commerce businesses and platforms in the ten ASEAN countries will launch a series of special discount shopping programs for consumers in that country. Enterprises will coordinate with each other to implement a cross-border online shopping program among the ASEAN countries.
Through the ASEAN Online Sale Day, ASEAN members hope to encourage and promote e-commerce and cross-border e-commerce throughout ASEAN, contributing to the implementation of the ASEAN Agreement on e-commerce as well as bringing a safe, healthy, and practical online shopping environment for shoppers on e-commerce platforms.
In the context of post-pandemic economic recovery and participation in new-generation free trade agreements, the ASEAN Online Sale Day 2022 will be an important step for the bloc to show solidarity and promote its potential for e-commerce and online transactions, access favorable policies, improve the value of products and services of enterprises.
As chair of ASEAN in 2020, Vietnam initiated the organization of the event annually on August 8. In 2021, the ASEAN Online Sale Day was hosted by Brunei, which was then chair of ASEAN, Singapore, and Vietnam.
- Vietnam exports one step closer to US$368-billion target
- Vietnam to hold a 60-hour livestream shopping with numerous promotions
- Handicrafts: Key to socio-economic growth of Hanoi's district
- Hanoi's tourism shows strong recovery since March 2022
- Embassy key to boosting the Vietnam-Philippines economic relations: National Assembly Chairman
- Vietnamese firm exports first electric cars to the US
- Hanoi Midnight Sale offers high discounts to attract consumers
- Vietnam’s rice exports to beat records in 2022
- Vietnam, the Philippines eye $10 billion of trade turnovers in 2026
- Vietnam, Uganda expand cooperation to high-potential fields
President praises Korean firms' profound business operations
Hanoians delighted to enjoy wild pear flower in early blooming
WHO, FAO encourage people to take action for a healthier and safer Vietnam
Thailand, Vietnam urged to be more proactive in new int’l challenges
Vietnamese Gov’t to divest state capital at 141 businesses until 2025
Green growth an inevitable trend for Vietnam: PM
It's imperative for Hanoi to develop public transport: Experts
Calligraphy exhibition praises traditional cultural beauty of the nation
Australia funds electric vehicle infrastructure in Vietnam