Vietnam exports nearly 900 million medical face masks in 8 months
The amount of face masks exported in August, however, declined by 12% month-on-month to 135 million units.
Vietnamese enterprises exported a total of 846 million medical face masks in the first eight months of 2020, according to the General Department of Vietnam Customs (GDVC).
|Vietnamese enterprises exported a combined of 846 million medical face masks in the first eight months of 2020|
In August, over 70 companies in Vietnam exported medical face masks to countries such as the US, Europe, Singapore, or South Korea, among others, with over 135 million units, down 12% month-on-month.
Notably, this marks a decline in two months runnning in Vietnam’s face mask export, following a 35% month-on-month decrease in July.
Since May, Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc approved the export of medical face masks and protective gear provided domestic demand and reserves are met.
However, the export turnover of face masks declined in July after the Covid-19 pandemic was gradually contained in many countries. In the domestic market, demand for face masks has also weakened as local people are calmer and more experienced in dealing with the Covid-19 pandemic.
Under the growing impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic, face mask production is considered a viable solution for garment companies in Vietnam to maintain operations and offset losses from lower demand for garments.
- Son Tay Town kicks off Tourism Year recognizing two new destinations
- Vietnam calls for peaceful measures to int’l disputes: PM
- Hanoi mayor urges drastic measures to aid businesses
- [Infographic] Hanoi ranks second in Vietnam E-Business Index 2023
- Vietnam mulls concrete steps to bolster cooperation with ASEAN countries
- Vietnam deepens ASEAN economic ties
- Hanoi's business association partners with Suzhou's trade promoting agency
- Vietnam’s c.bank buys US$5 billion since early 2023
- Hanoi earns VND2.4 trillion from tourists during national holiday
- Fuel prices in sharp fall on May 4
Photo Hanoi'23: Zoom in on Vietnamese culture
Vietnam News Highlights for May 28, 2023
Overseas Vietnamese wins Silver Award at world’s prestigious flower exhibition
Hanoi emerges major luxury brand destination in Southeast Asia
Two new suburban tourist spots diversify Hanoi’s travel options
European Film Festival 2023 opens in Hanoi
Nguyen The Son reveals his Decade of Exposure
Reformed artist Minh Hai: Proud when father and son play the role of Uncle Ho
Related countries should be firm on their South China Sea stance