Vietnam, Indonesia hold potential for further economic cooperation: Ambassador
Trade relations between Vietnam-Indonesia is expected to return to the upward trend from 2021 and onward, especially as the two are relatively complementary economies.
While Vietnam and Indonesia are two major partners for each other in the region and of the world, there remains huge potential for both countries to boost trade and economic cooperation.
|Indonesia’s Ambassador to Vietnam Denny Abdi (l) and Deputy Minister of Industry and Trade Tran Quoc Khanh (r). Source: MoIT|
Indonesia’s Ambassador to Vietnam Denny Abdi gave the remarks at a meeting with Deputy Minister of Industry and Trade Tran Quoc Khanh on March 8.
According to Abdi, despite the severe Covid-19 impacts, Vietnam remained the only country in the Southeast Asia with a positive economic growth, saying he is committed to further boost bilateral economic relations.
For his part, Deputy Minister Khanh stressed Indonesia is one of Vietnam’s key partners not only in the Southeast Asia, but also of the world.
“Over the years, Indonesia and Vietnam have been closely cooperating in both bilateral and multilateral channels, including major cooperation frameworks such as ASEAN, WTO or RCEP,” said Khanh.
Khanh added since the establishment of the bilateral strategic partnership in 2013, two-way trade turnover grew from US$5 billion to US$9 billion in 2019.
While the figure has slightly declined in 2020 as a result of the pandemic, Khanh expected trade relations between Vietnam-Indonesia would return to the upward trend from 2021 and onward, especially as the two are relatively complementary economies.
- Hanoi, Gold Coast eye stronger partnership
- Vietnam expects to accelerate negotiations for Just Energy Transition Partnership
- Vietnam exports one step closer to US$368-billion target
- Vietnam to hold a 60-hour livestream shopping with numerous promotions
- Handicrafts: Key to socio-economic growth of Hanoi's district
- Hanoi's tourism shows strong recovery since March 2022
- Embassy key to boosting the Vietnam-Philippines economic relations: National Assembly Chairman
- Vietnamese firm exports first electric cars to the US
- Hanoi Midnight Sale offers high discounts to attract consumers
- Vietnam’s rice exports to beat records in 2022
Hanoi’s GRDP growth set to hit 8.89% in 2022
VinFast files for US public listing
WHO, FAO encourage people to take action for a healthier and safer Vietnam
Miss Tourism World 2022 contestants explore Hanoi’s beauty
Hanoi People’s Council convenes 10th session
Thailand, Vietnam urged to be more proactive in new int’l challenges
Vietnamese Gov’t to divest state capital at 141 businesses until 2025
Green growth an inevitable trend for Vietnam: PM
It's imperative for Hanoi to develop public transport: Experts