Vietnam, Indonesia hold potential for further economic cooperation: Ambassador
Trade relations between Vietnam-Indonesia is expected to return to the upward trend from 2021 and onward, especially as the two are relatively complementary economies.
While Vietnam and Indonesia are two major partners for each other in the region and of the world, there remains huge potential for both countries to boost trade and economic cooperation.
|Indonesia’s Ambassador to Vietnam Denny Abdi (l) and Deputy Minister of Industry and Trade Tran Quoc Khanh (r). Source: MoIT
Indonesia’s Ambassador to Vietnam Denny Abdi gave the remarks at a meeting with Deputy Minister of Industry and Trade Tran Quoc Khanh on March 8.
According to Abdi, despite the severe Covid-19 impacts, Vietnam remained the only country in the Southeast Asia with a positive economic growth, saying he is committed to further boost bilateral economic relations.
For his part, Deputy Minister Khanh stressed Indonesia is one of Vietnam’s key partners not only in the Southeast Asia, but also of the world.
“Over the years, Indonesia and Vietnam have been closely cooperating in both bilateral and multilateral channels, including major cooperation frameworks such as ASEAN, WTO or RCEP,” said Khanh.
Khanh added since the establishment of the bilateral strategic partnership in 2013, two-way trade turnover grew from US$5 billion to US$9 billion in 2019.
While the figure has slightly declined in 2020 as a result of the pandemic, Khanh expected trade relations between Vietnam-Indonesia would return to the upward trend from 2021 and onward, especially as the two are relatively complementary economies.
- Vietnam gears up efforts to establish domestic carbon market
- Vietnam’s fruit exports gain momentum in early 2024
- Vn-Index towards 1,300 in 2024: SSI
- Hanoi public transport poised for breakthrough
- Positive outlook for Vietnam’s consumer spending in 2024: Fitch Solutions
- Hanoi plans over 60 trade promotion events this year
- US plans to conclude the review of Vietnam’s non-market economy status in summer
- Philippines sees Vietnam as key food security partner
- Vietnam's market attractiveness is second only to US: JETRO
- Women-owned businesses crucial for Vietnam's sustainable development
Vietnam gears up efforts to establish domestic carbon market
Hanoi shows strong backing for financial tower project
Vietnam inspires global sustainable development: UN Coordinator
Tales of recruits: Answering the nation’s call
Vietnam's 2024 Top 10 most welcoming cities
Vietnam news in brief - February 23
World-renowned Eastern & Oriental Express train to operate in Vietnam
Vietnam news in brief - February 22
Vietnam news in brief - February 21