Vietnam, Japan strengthen economic linkage
Japanese government will provide non-refundable aid of a vaccine storage system worth US$1.8 million for Vietnam and a ship for maritime study.
Given the Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership (CPTPP) in place, Vietnam and Japan would continue to boost economic linkage in trade, investment, agriculture and cooperation between two countries’ localities.
|State President Nguyen Xuan Phuc at the phone talk. Source: VNA|
The move was reaffirmed in a phone talk held between State President Nguyen Xuan Phuc and Japan’s Prime Minister Suga Yoshihide on May 11 as the two leaders stressed their commitment for close cooperation for the upcoming 50th anniversary of bilateral diplomatic relations in 2023.
On behalf of the Japanese government and people, Japanese Prime Minister Suga congratulated State President Nguyen Xuan Phuc on his new position, expressing sincere thanks for Phuc’s warmly welcome during the Japanese side’s visit to Vietnam last October.
“Japan gives strong priority to its relations to Vietnam, and is willing to support your country’s development in the next period,” said Suga.
On this occasion, Suga informed the Japanese government would provide non-refundable aid of a vaccine storage system worth US$1.8 million for Vietnam and a ship for maritime study. The government would also launch its General Consulate in Danang in 2022.
State President Phuc expressed his delight at the comprehensive development of Vietnam – Japan relations, including a high level of political trust between the two.
Phuc called for Japan’s further support for Covid-19 vaccines, a proposal that Suga agreed.
The two leaders also stressed the importance of bilateral cooperation in multilateral forum, especially in the UN, ASEAN, and within the Mekong – Japan framework.
- Lao Cai and Yunnan provinces agree to strengthen bilateral ties
- Hanoi targets 500 products on shelves of foreign distribution networks
- Vietnam and Australia boost cooperation in education, agrifood
- Over 85% of major Vietnamese companies are committed to ESG standards
- Vietnam continues to push for stronger ties with US: PM
- Hanoi promotes public awareness of consumer rights
- Vietnam’s exports – in search for the magic growth catalyst
- Taiwanese firm eyes Hanoi as a key investment destination
- Vietnam wants to restore international travel with China: PM Chinh
- Central Retail may inject US$1.45 billion to expand Vietnamese operations
Vietnam, China enhance border ties
There cannot be another genocide: Ambassadors
Balade en France gastronomic festival - Walking in France in the heart of Hanoi
Vietnam considers issuing e-visas to citizens of all countries and territories
Business executives to face disciplinary action for failure to stop smuggling activities
Travel enthusiasts flock to Hanoi Tourism Festival 2023
Effective public investment as a top political mission: PM
Hanoi named among Vietnam's most beautiful places
Hanoi among cities with most trees in the world