Dec 03, 2011 / 10:04
Vietnam needs greater anti-corruption efforts
Vietnam should take stronger actions in the fight against corruption and help to create a more transparent environment for foreign investors.
should take stronger actions in the fight against corruption and help to create a more transparent environment for foreign investors. The Hanoitimes - Vietnam
This was one of the recommendations put forward during the 10 th Dialogue on Anti-Corruption held in
Themed, “Assessing the impact of anti-corruption dialogues on anti-corruption work in Vietnam”, the event drew the participation of Deputy Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc, Inspector General of the Government Inspectorate of Vietnam Huynh Phong Tranh, UK Ambassador to Vietnam Antony Stokes and representatives from embassies, international organisations and donors in Vietnam.
The participants spoke highly of
However, they suggested
Talking to the press on the sidelines of the dialogue,
According to Pratibha Mehta, UN Resident Coordination in
Speaking at the event, Deputy PM Phuc said the dialogue, firstly held in 2007, has become an effective information exchange channel that aims to gradually drive back corruption, especially in areas of high risk.
“In this fierce and long-term fight,
According to a report from the Supreme People’s Procuracy, in the 2007-2011 period,
- From waste to wealth: What opportunities abound in a circular economy?
- Proper pesticides use towards Hanoi’s safe farming
- Sciences and technologies key to increase Hanoi’s international competitiveness
- New calculate credit scores required to help women get loans
- Nurturing industry-leading companies key for private sector to thrive: Expert
- Partnership with Vietnam significant for United States' vision in Indo-Pacific
- Vietnam’s middle power diplomacy in ASEAN
- Roman Abramovich and Chelsea Football Club: a Sportswasher’s Guide
- Vietnam remains preferred investment destination for South Korean companies: KorCham
- Why is Vietnam more attractive than ASEAN-4 as manufacturing alternative?
IPP matters a lot to economic growth, innovation: US Ambassador
Vietnam to expand Noi Bai International Airport by 2025
Vietnamese national treasures on calendar block
Hanoi's ethnic people keep traditional medicine alive
Khau Pha Paragliding Festival offers spectacular scenery from a bird-eye view
[Infographic] Hanoi ranks second in Vietnam 2022 e-Business Index
Vietnam Airlines listed among the world’s best 100
Ten nominations for “Bui Xuan Phai – For the Love of Hanoi” Awards
Hanoi strengthens cooperation with Israel in urban management