Vietnam offers China US$500,000 aid for fighting coronavirus
Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc has stated that Vietnam is willing to coordinate efforts with China in fighting the new coronavirus epidemic.
The Vietnamese government has decided to donate China with US$500,000 worth of medical supplies to help the Chinese government and people deal with the spread of the fatal coronavirus, local media reported.
|Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc|
The Vietnam Red Cross will give US$100,000 aid in form of goods to Chinese people.
In addition, seven provinces in North Vietnam, especially those having borders with China, will offer help to China.
Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc said in a January 27 diplomatic note that Vietnam is willing to actively coordinate efforts with China in fighting the new coronavirus epidemic.
In the note sent to his Chinese counterpart Li Keqiang, PM Phuc expressed his sympathy for the losses and hardship that Chinese people were experiencing and hoped that with its vast experience in curbing the Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) epidemic in 2003, China will soon successfully stop the new coronavirus.
Death toll by the nCoV in China has risen to 213 while the virus has sickened other 9,812 as of January 31. More than other 20 countries and territories have confirmed 148 cases of individuals infected with the virus.
- Vietnamese PM visits world’s 3rd largest civil aircraft manufacturer
- Economic ties: Implication of Vietnam-US Comprehensive Strategic Partnership
- Vietnam news in brief - September 23
- Vietnam expects US support for renewable energy hub
- Vietnamese Prime Minister opens world’s largest stock exchange trading session
- Vietnam news in brief - September 22
- Vietnam news in brief - September 21
- Vietnam moves up 4 places in Economic Freedom of World index
- Vietnam news in brief - September 20
- Prime Minister visits leading tech firms in Silicon Valley
Vietnamese PM visits world’s 3rd largest civil aircraft manufacturer
Vietnam news in brief - September 23
Friendly LGBT community destinations in Vietnam
Hanoi Fall Festival 2023 captivates visitors with unique activities
Revising Capital Law opens door to Hanoi's prosperity: Mayor
Global Conference of Young Parliamentarians: Opportunity to promote international cooperation
Global Conference of Young Parliamentarians: Roadmap for better future
The quintessential craft of Ngu Xa bronze casting
Hanoi develops without losing characters