Vietnam stock market watchdog sets reference price for stocks switching to HNX
Four public firms have moved their stock listings to the Hanoi Stock Exchange (HNX).
The reference price at the first trading session for stocks switching from the Ho Chi Minh City Stock Exchange (HOSE) to the Hanoi Stock Exchange (HNX) would be the final session's closing price in the former and rounded up to the nearest VND100.
|Investors at a securities center in Hanoi. Photo: Linh Tam|
The State Securities Commission of Vietnam (SSC), the country’s stock market watchdog, has issued the instruction for the transactions of stocks subject to moving to the HNX.
Meanwhile, the fluctuation range applied for these stocks in their first trading session at the HNX would be ±10% instead of ±30% for new public listing at this stock exchange.
The SSC also noted it would provide further guidance for stocks moving back to the HOSE once the overload issue on the HOSE is completely resolved.
So far, four public firms have moved their stock listings to the HNX, including Aquatex Ben Tre (HOSE: ABT), Bibica Corporation (HOSE: BBC), Southern Seed Corporation (HOSE: SSC), and Vietnam Fumigation Company (HOSE: VFG).
VNDirect Securities Company (HOSE: VND) and Vietnam National Seed Group (HOSE: NSC) are set to list their shares on the HNX next Monday [April 5].
At the close yesterday, the benchmark Vn-Index ended up surpassing its historical peak of 1,211 on April 10, 2018 to reach a new height of 1,216.1, as large-cap stocks performed positively.
The trading volume hit VND16.95 trillion (US$734.6 million) on the HOSE and VND3.32 trillion (US$144.4 million) on the HNX.
Foreign investors emerged as net buyer of over VND45 billion (US$1.95 billion) on the HOSE after four sessions of net selling.
- Rising credit demand puts pressure on Vietnam's economy
- Visa, Google and banks launch Google Wallet today
- NA agrees to raise basic wage next July
- Vietnam excluded from US Treasury's monitoring list
- Vietnam’s Govt committed to supporting sustainable corporate bond market
- Vietnam’s budget revenue in 10 months exceeds year’s target
- Policy rate hike necessary to stabilize foreign exchange market: Central Bank
- Some 245 million e-invoices issued in Hanoi in nine months
- Vietnamese Government urged to raise base salary 6 months in advance
- Real estate transactions urged to be conducted via banks
National Assembly Chairman’s visit to Australia: Enhance strategic partnership
International Circus Festival to kick off on December 2
Hanoians huddle against first cold spell of winter when going out
Hanoi eyes more economic zones and satellite cities
Vietnamese Gov’t to divest state capital at 141 businesses until 2025
Green growth an inevitable trend for Vietnam: PM
It's imperative for Hanoi to develop public transport: Experts
Calligraphy exhibition praises traditional cultural beauty of the nation
Australia funds electric vehicle infrastructure in Vietnam