Vietnam stock market watchdog sets reference price for stocks switching to HNX
Four public firms have moved their stock listings to the Hanoi Stock Exchange (HNX).
The reference price at the first trading session for stocks switching from the Ho Chi Minh City Stock Exchange (HOSE) to the Hanoi Stock Exchange (HNX) would be the final session's closing price in the former and rounded up to the nearest VND100.
|Investors at a securities center in Hanoi. Photo: Linh Tam|
The State Securities Commission of Vietnam (SSC), the country’s stock market watchdog, has issued the instruction for the transactions of stocks subject to moving to the HNX.
Meanwhile, the fluctuation range applied for these stocks in their first trading session at the HNX would be ±10% instead of ±30% for new public listing at this stock exchange.
The SSC also noted it would provide further guidance for stocks moving back to the HOSE once the overload issue on the HOSE is completely resolved.
So far, four public firms have moved their stock listings to the HNX, including Aquatex Ben Tre (HOSE: ABT), Bibica Corporation (HOSE: BBC), Southern Seed Corporation (HOSE: SSC), and Vietnam Fumigation Company (HOSE: VFG).
VNDirect Securities Company (HOSE: VND) and Vietnam National Seed Group (HOSE: NSC) are set to list their shares on the HNX next Monday [April 5].
At the close yesterday, the benchmark Vn-Index ended up surpassing its historical peak of 1,211 on April 10, 2018 to reach a new height of 1,216.1, as large-cap stocks performed positively.
The trading volume hit VND16.95 trillion (US$734.6 million) on the HOSE and VND3.32 trillion (US$144.4 million) on the HNX.
Foreign investors emerged as net buyer of over VND45 billion (US$1.95 billion) on the HOSE after four sessions of net selling.
- Greening finance accelerates Vietnam's SDG implementation
- DHL Express partners with ACB to cut carbon emissions using sustainable aviation fuel
- Vietnam joins the ASEAN Regional Payment Connectivity
- More than US$240 million transacted one month after corporate bond platform launched
- VinFast begins trading on Nasdaq
- Standard Chartered Vietnam supports young leaders in Sustainability Incubator Program
- Vietnam’s CPI growth set to expand up to 3.7% in 2023
- VDCA publishes guidelines for personal data processors
- Corporate bond trading platform to be new growth driver
- Government to ask for parliament's approval on global minimum tax
Ambassador Julien Guerrier: Vietnam and EU have common aspirations
Vietnam news in brief - September 27
Hanoi's road patching heroes: For the safety of road travelers
Typical Hanoian autumn snacks
Hanoi Fall Festival 2023 captivates visitors with unique activities
Revising Capital Law opens door to Hanoi's prosperity: Mayor
Global Conference of Young Parliamentarians: Opportunity to promote international cooperation
Global Conference of Young Parliamentarians: Roadmap for better future
The quintessential craft of Ngu Xa bronze casting