Vietnam, US to prioritize cooperation in digitalization
The strong progress in Vietnam-US relations was thanks to the strategic visions of both Governments and the active participation of businesses from the two countries.
Vietnam and the US would continue to strengthen bilateral cooperation for mutual benefits, including the acceleration of digitalization for sustainable development.
|Minister of Public Security General To Lam at the meeting. Photo: VNA|
General To Lam, Minister of Public Security, made the statement at the online meeting with US-ASEAN Business Council (USABC) today [October 13].
According to Lam, the US is among Vietnam’s top trading partners and among the country’s largest export markets.
“Such achievements are thanks to the strategic vision of both Governments and the active participation of enterprises from the two countries, including business associations such as the USABC,” said Lam.
Addressing the current hardship that businesses are facing due to the Covid-19 pandemic, Lam said this is only temporary while expecting US enterprises to accompany their Vietnamese peers in the spirit of sharing benefits.
“Both US and Vietnamese enterprises should find the right direction to thrive in the new normalcy,” he added.
For his part, Former US Ambassador to Vietnam and USABC Vice President Michael Michalak highlighted significant progress in the US-Vietnam relations in the past years.
Michalak called for the Vietnamese Government in general, and the Ministry of Public Security in particular, to continue creating favorable conditions for US companies to do long-term business in Vietnam.
At the meeting, both sides have had frank discussions on issues of mutual interests, including the Cybersecurity Law, a Government decree on privacy data, or issues related to intellectual property rights protection.
- Vietnam exports one step closer to US$368-billion target
- Vietnam to hold a 60-hour livestream shopping with numerous promotions
- Handicrafts: Key to socio-economic growth of Hanoi's district
- Hanoi's tourism shows strong recovery since March 2022
- Embassy key to boosting the Vietnam-Philippines economic relations: National Assembly Chairman
- Vietnamese firm exports first electric cars to the US
- Hanoi Midnight Sale offers high discounts to attract consumers
- Vietnam’s rice exports to beat records in 2022
- Vietnam, the Philippines eye $10 billion of trade turnovers in 2026
- Vietnam, Uganda expand cooperation to high-potential fields
Hanoi seeks cooperation with ASEAN cities for shared prosperity
MICHELIN Guide to feature Vietnam gastronomy for 1st time
WHO, FAO encourage people to take action for a healthier and safer Vietnam
Untold story of an ancient village in the heart of Hanoi
Vietnamese Gov’t to divest state capital at 141 businesses until 2025
Green growth an inevitable trend for Vietnam: PM
It's imperative for Hanoi to develop public transport: Experts
Calligraphy exhibition praises traditional cultural beauty of the nation
Australia funds electric vehicle infrastructure in Vietnam