Covid-19 deals heavy blow to Vietnam's inbound tourism in Jan-Oct
The number of international arrivals to Vietnam in October was higher than the previous month.
About 3.8 million international guests entered Vietnam in the first ten months of 2020, down 73.8% from a year earlier, as the country keeps banning foreign entry to curb the spread of the Covid-19 pandemic.
They were mainly expats, diplomats, business executives and highly-skilled laborers.
A latest report from the General Statistics Office (GSO) showed that 14,800 foreigners have arrived in Vietnam in October, down 99.1% year-on-year, compared to 13,769 arrivals in September.
|Source: GSO. Chart: NM|
Between January and October, international arrivals by air dropped 73.4% year-on-year to around 3.06 million, while 593,935 came by road, down 78.5%, and those arriving by sea decreased by 32.2% to 144,603.
In the first ten months of this year, Asian visitors still accounted for lion's share of tourist inflows, with nearly 2.78 million, down 75.8% over the same period last year.
Visitors from Europe fell 62% to 669,484 while arrivals from the Americas plunged 70.8% to nearly 235,597, mostly from the US. Around 102,624 visitors came from Oceania, down 72.1% while those from Africa numbered 12,301, down 68.3%.
- Scuba tours in Nha Trang suspended to save coral reefs
- Vietnamese list among most willing travelers
- Vietnam nominated in 10 categories at World Travel Awards 2022
- Five destinations in Vietnam for Global Wellness Day
- Hai Van Pass and Ha Giang Loop amongst the most thrilling scenic drives in Asia
- Son Doong – World's largest cave honored on Google
- Strong recovery of domestic tourism
- Hanoi to hold a series of attractive tourism events for SEA Games 31
- Bustling tourism and aviation during Hung Kings holiday
- Top five historic destinations in Vietnam
Vietnam to solidify macro-economic stability: PM
European businesses positive about Vietnam’s prospects for green growth
Who is the Vietnamese for whom a Paris square has just been named?
Hanoi among Top 10 cities in Southeast Asia
Vietnam's National Assembly to legalize commitments at COP26
Vietnam looks for UK support in finalizing financial regulations: NA Chairman
UK multinationals pledge long-term presence in Vietnam
Australian Foreign Minister enjoys Pho ga in Hanoi
Hanoi GRDP growth hits 7.79% in first half