Covid-19 deals heavy blow to Vietnam's inbound tourism in Jan-Oct
The number of international arrivals to Vietnam in October was higher than the previous month.
About 3.8 million international guests entered Vietnam in the first ten months of 2020, down 73.8% from a year earlier, as the country keeps banning foreign entry to curb the spread of the Covid-19 pandemic.
They were mainly expats, diplomats, business executives and highly-skilled laborers.
A latest report from the General Statistics Office (GSO) showed that 14,800 foreigners have arrived in Vietnam in October, down 99.1% year-on-year, compared to 13,769 arrivals in September.
|Source: GSO. Chart: NM|
Between January and October, international arrivals by air dropped 73.4% year-on-year to around 3.06 million, while 593,935 came by road, down 78.5%, and those arriving by sea decreased by 32.2% to 144,603.
In the first ten months of this year, Asian visitors still accounted for lion's share of tourist inflows, with nearly 2.78 million, down 75.8% over the same period last year.
Visitors from Europe fell 62% to 669,484 while arrivals from the Americas plunged 70.8% to nearly 235,597, mostly from the US. Around 102,624 visitors came from Oceania, down 72.1% while those from Africa numbered 12,301, down 68.3%.
- “Vietnam: Travel to Love! - Living fully in Vietnam” promotes tourism after pandemic
- First int’l tourists arrive in Phu Quoc Island
- Solo travel to be on the throne after the pandemic
- What conditions do int'l visitors need to enter Vietnam?
- Tourist destinations in Vietnam to open in November
- Vietnam is World’s Best Golf Destination in 2021
- Building safe tourism for the future
- Laos prioritizes reopening to Vietnamese travelers
- Japan is a key market for Vietnam tourism
- South Korea and Vietnam share initiatives for tourism recovery
Vietnam among Switzerland’s priorities for economic cooperation: Swiss President
Post-pandemic tourism: harnessing the value of cultural heritages
Marvelous season of marigold flowers in Ba Vi Mountain
Vietnam joins the world to end violence against women
Japanese giants pledge further support for Vietnam
Vietnam holds national cultural conference after 75 years
Surge in supply of Vietnam’s green buildings
Hanoi begins inoculating children with Pfizer Covid-19 vaccines
Initiative supports Vietnamese SIBs in addressing Covid-19 aftermath