Vietnam willing to share information with China in its drive to join CPTPP
CPTPP is an open free trade agreement with comprehensive commitments to foster economic and trade cooperation among member countries.
Vietnamese Government is willing to share information and experience of joining the Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership (CPTPP) with China after this country filed its formal application to become part of the 11-member trade pact last week, said Vietnamese Spokesperson Le Thi Thu Hang.
|Vietnamese Spokesperson Le Thi Thu Hang in the regular press briefing on Sep, 23. Photo: HNT|
Hang said that CPTPP draws attention and desire to become part of it, from other economies, which shows its role in fostering economic and trade cooperation and connection in the region and the world.
She noted that countries wishing to join the pact need to meet its requirement as well as comply with procedures and principles for new member admission. “Vietnam is ready to share information and experience about this”, Hang added.
The spokesperson also highlighted that CPTPP is an open free trade agreement with comprehensive commitments to foster economic and trade cooperation among member countries.
In the application of Taiwan (China) to join the CPTPP, Hang reiterated the openness of the deal, stressing that Vietnam will consult other members about the new joining bids.
The CPTPP is a free trade agreement between Vietnam and 10 other countries in the Asia-Pacific including Australia, Brunei, Chile, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Peru, Singapore, and Canada.
The Agreement was signed on March 8, 2018, and officially come into force on December 30, 2018, with the ratification of the first six countries, including Mexico, Japan, Singapore, New Zealand, Canada, and Australia.
In Vietnam, the deal took effect on January 14, 2019.
- Vietnam, China enhance border ties
- Van Don Airport to pilot facial recognition tech for passengers
- US human rights report gives one-sided evaluations of Vietnam: MOFA
- US reaffirms to address war legacies in Vietnam
- South Korean Gov’t appeals court order: Vietnam requests respect history
- Int’l voices promote innovation for empowerment of migrant women in Vietnam
- US pledges $73 million for dioxin cleanup at Bien Hoa Air Base
- Boosting Vietnam’s youth engagement to prevent human trafficking
- Gender equality in digital transformation in Vietnam: Opportunities and challenges
- Foreign leaders congratulate Vietnam's new state president
Vietnam, China enhance border ties
There cannot be another genocide: Ambassadors
Balade en France gastronomic festival - Walking in France in the heart of Hanoi
Business executives to face disciplinary action for failure to stop smuggling activities
Travel enthusiasts flock to Hanoi Tourism Festival 2023
Effective public investment as a top political mission: PM
Hanoi named among Vietnam's most beautiful places
Hanoi among cities with most trees in the world
2023 - a year of high-quality startups in Vietnam