Vietnamese national flag flies high on National Day
Every year on the morning of September 2, many Vietnamese from all over the country gather at Ba Dinh Square to celebrate National Day and visit the Mausoleum of President Ho Chi Minh.
The Flag Raising Ceremony at Ba Dinh Square on National Day [September 2] marks the sacred moment that inspires pride in every Vietnamese people for their ancestors' tireless efforts and sacrifices to bring peace, independence, and freedom to the nation.
At 5:30 a.m. on September 2, the Vietnamese national flag flew high in the sky at Ba Dinh Square, where 78 years ago in 1945, the late President Ho Chi Minh read the declaration giving birth to the Democratic Republic of Vietnam.
Thousands of Vietnamese from all over the country gathered at Ba Dinh Square to witness the sacred moment, all proudly watching the raising of the national flag to the sound of the national anthem.
Visitors also took the opportunity to visit the Mausoleum of President Ho Chi Minh, which was built in 1976 as the eternal resting place of the late president.
In the early morning, the streets around Ba Dinh Square were crowded with foreign visitors and Vietnamese people.
For decades, Ba Dinh Square has been the place where people come to take a walk, jog and run, and enjoy the fresh air. This is also one of the most popular destinations for foreign visitors when they come to Vietnam.
- Exploring tantalizing rice ripening season in northwest Vietnam
- Blaze burns down local tenement
- Vietnamese national flag flies high on National Day
- Hanoi's Instagram-worthy places in Autumn
- Hanoi launches public bike-share service
- Close-up of Hanoi’s longest river-crossing bridge
- Statue of King Le - the oldest bronze architecture in Hanoi
- Exploring largest indoor aquarium in Hanoi
- Ha Dong District after 15 years of administrative boundary adjustment
- Valuable artifacts inside Hanoi's military-themed museum
Hanoi ratifies resolution on enhancing fire prevention and firefighting
Vietnam news in brief - September 23
Friendly LGBT community destinations in Vietnam
Hanoi Fall Festival 2023 captivates visitors with unique activities
Revising Capital Law opens door to Hanoi's prosperity: Mayor
Global Conference of Young Parliamentarians: Opportunity to promote international cooperation
Global Conference of Young Parliamentarians: Roadmap for better future
The quintessential craft of Ngu Xa bronze casting
Hanoi develops without losing characters